Emma: Anyway, shall we have a look at the procedure for our experiment?
艾玛:无论如何,我们应该看一下我们实验的流程吧?
We'll need to get going with it quite soon.
很快就需要着手去做了。
Jack: Right. So the first thing we have to do is find our seeds.
杰克:对。所以我们要做的第一件事就是找到种子。
I think vegetable seeds would be best.
我认为蔬菜种子最好。
And obviously they mustn't all be the same size.
自然,它们的大小不必要相同。
So, how many sorts do we need?
那么,我们需要多少种呢?
About four different ones?
大约四种不同的?
Emma: I think that would be enough.
艾玛:我认为这样足够了。
There'll be quite a large number of seeds for each one.
每个种类都会有相当大数量的种子。
Jack: Then, for each seed we need to find out how much it weighs, and also measure its dimensions, and we need to keep a careful record of all that.
杰克:接下来,对于每粒种子,我们需要测量它的重量和尺寸,并且需要仔细记录所有的数据。
Emma: That'll be quite time-consuming.
艾玛:那会非常耗时。
And we also need to decide how deep we're going to plant the seeds - right on the surface, a few millimetres down, or several centimetres.
我们还需要决定我们要把种子种在多深的地方——是种在地表,还是种几毫米深,或者几厘米深。
Jack: OK. So then we get planting.
杰克:不错。然后我们就可以开始种植了。
Do you think we can plant several seeds together in the same plant pot?
你觉得我们可以在同一个花盆里种几粒种子吗?
Emma: No. I think we need a different one for each seed.
艾玛:我觉得不可以。我认为每粒种子都应该单独种植。
Jack: Right. And we'll need to label them - we can use different coloured labels.
杰克:好吧。我们需要给它们贴标签——可以使用不同颜色的标签。
Then we wait for the seeds to germinate - I reckon that'll be about three weeks, depending on what the weather's like.
然后我们就可以等待种子发芽——我估计大约需要三周,这取决于天气情况。
Then we see if our plants have come up, and write down how tall they've grown.
我们观察植物是否发芽,并记录下它们的高度。
Emma: Then all we have to do is look at our numbers, and see if there's any relation between them.
艾玛:接下来我们所要做的就是分析我们的数据,看看它们之间是否存在关系
Jack: That's right. So …
杰克:没错。所以……
下一题
剑13 undefined