A
He didn't read everything on them.
B
He didn't think they were important.
C
He thought they were too complicated.
A
she was unaware of what certain foods contained.
B
she was too lazy to read food labels.
C
she was only interested in the number of calories.
A
the list of ingredients is shocking.
B
he will hesitate before buying pizza again.
C
the nutritional label is misleading.
A
more accessible.
B
more logical.
C
more comprehensive.
A
The percentage of artificial additives given was incorrect.
B
The products did not contain any meat.
C
The labels did not list all the ingredients.
A
It did not produce clear results.
B
It focused on the wrong people.
C
It made unrealistic recommendations.
JACK: I've still got loads to do for our report on nutritional food labels.
杰克:我们关于营养食品标签的报告还有很多事要做。
ALICE: Me too. What did you learn from doing the project about your own shopping habits?
爱丽丝:我也是。你从你购物习惯的课题学到了什么呢?
JACK: Well, I've always had to check labels for traces of peanuts in everything I eat because of my allergy.
杰克:恩,因为我的过敏症,所以一直要检查我吃的每个东西的标签查看食品是否含有花生。
But beyond that I've never really been concerned enough to check how healthy a product is.
但除此之外,我从未真正关心过一个产品有多健康。
ALICE: This project has actually taught me to read the labels much more carefully.
爱丽丝:这个课题实际上教会了我更仔细地阅读标签。
I tended to believe claims on packaging like 'low in fat'.
我以前倾向于相信包装,比如"脂肪很低"。
But I now realise that the 'healthy' yoghurt I've bought for years is full of sugar and that it's actually quite high in calories.
但我现在意识到,我多年来买的"健康"酸奶含有大量的糖分,而且实际上卡路里含量很高。
JACK: Ready meals are the worst ... comparing the labels on supermarket pizzas was a real eye-opener.
杰克:熟食最糟糕……比较超市比萨饼上的标签真是令人大开眼界。
Did you have any idea how many calories they contain? I was amazed.
你知道它们含有多少卡路里吗?我真的很震惊。
ALICE: Yes, because unless you read the label really carefully, you wouldn't know that the nutritional values given are for half a pizza.
爱丽丝:是的,因为除非你仔细阅读标签,你不会知道给你的营养价值是半个比萨饼。
JACK: When most people eat the whole pizza.
杰克:大多数人都会吃掉整个披萨。
Not exactly transparent is it?
说得很模糊,不是吗?
ALICE: Not at all. But I expect it won't stop you from buying pizza?
爱丽丝:是的。但我想这并不会阻止你继续购买披萨吧?
JACK: Probably not, no!
杰克:当然不会啦,绝不!
I thought comparing the different labelling systems used by food manufacturers was interesting.
我觉得比较食物生产商使用的不同标签系统非常有趣。
I think the kind of labelling system used makes a big difference.
我觉得使用的标签系统的类型有很大不同。
ALICE: Which one did you prefer?
爱丽丝:你喜欢哪一个呢?
JACK: I liked the traditional daily value system best - the one which tells you what proportion of your required daily intake of each ingredient the product contains.
杰克:我最喜欢传统的推荐每日摄取量体系。它告诉你产品中每种成分在你每日所需摄入量中所占的比例。
I'm not sure it's the easiest for people to use but at least you get the full story.
我并不确定这是最方便人们使用的,但是至少你会知道所有的东西。
I like to know all the ingredients in a product - not just how much fat, salt and sugar they contain.
我想知道一种产品的所有成分——不仅仅是它们含有多少脂肪、盐和糖。
ALICE: But it's good supermarkets have been making an effort to provide reliable information for customers.
爱丽丝:但是好的超市一直在努力为顾客提供可靠的信息。
JACK: Yes. There just needs to be more consistency between labelling systems used by different supermarkets, in terms of portion sizes, etc.
杰克:是的。不同超市使用的标签系统之间需要有更多的一致性,比如在份量等方面。
ALICE: Mmm. The labels on the different brands of chicken flavour crisps were quite revealing too, weren't they?
爱丽丝:嗯。不同牌子的鸡肉味薯片上的标签也很能说明问题,不是吗?
JACK: Yeah. I don't understand how they can get away with calling them chicken flavour when they only contain artificial additives.
杰克:是的。我不明白,当它们只含有人工添加剂时,它们怎么能被称为鸡肉味呢?
ALICE: I know. I'd at least have expected them to contain a small percentage of real chicken.
爱丽丝:我知道。至少我以为里面会含有一点点真的鸡肉。
JACK: Absolutely.
杰克:是的。
ALICE: I think having nutritional food labeling has been a good idea, don't you?
爱丽丝:我认为贴营养食品标签是个好主意,你说呢?
I think it will change people's behaviour and stop mothers, in particular, buying the wrong things.
我认为它将改变人们的行为,特别是阻止妈妈们买错误的东西。
JACK: But didn't that study kind of prove the opposite?
杰克:但是这个研究不是证明了相反的结果吗?
People didn't necessarily stop buying unhealthy products.
人们没有必要停止买不健康的食物。
ALICE: They only said that might be the case.
爱丽丝:他们只是说可能会那样。
Those findings weren't that conclusive and it was quite a small-scale study.
这些发现并不是结论性的,这是一个小范围的研究。
I think more research has to be done.
我想还需要做更多的研究。
JACK: Yes, I think you're probably right.
杰克:是的,我觉得你可能是对的。
下一题
剑13 undefined