LINDA: Hello, Linda speaking.
琳达:你好,我是琳达。
MATT: Oh hi, Linda. This is Matt Brooks.
马特:嗨,琳达。我是马特·布鲁克斯。
Alex White gave me your number.
亚里克斯·怀特给了我你的号码。
He said you'd be able to give me some advice about moving to Banford.
他说你能给我一些关于搬到班福德的建议。
LINDA: Yes, Alex did mention you.
琳达:是的,亚里克斯确实提到过你。
How can I help?
我可以怎么帮忙呢?
MATT: Well, first of all - which area to live in?
马特:好的,首先,你住哪个区域?
LINDA: Well, I live in Dalton, which is a really nice suburb - not too expensive, and there's a nice park.
琳达:嗯,我住在道尔顿,这是一个非常好的郊区,不太贵,而且还有一个漂亮的公园。
MATT: Sounds good. Do you know how much it would be to rent a two bedroom flat there?
马特:听起来不错。你知道在那里租一间有两个卧室的公寓多少钱吗?
LINDA: Yeah, you should be able to get something reasonable for 850 pounds per month.
琳达:是的,你应该能在那找到价格合理的月租850英镑的房间。
That's what people typically pay.
通常人们付的都是这个价。
You certainly wouldn't want to pay more than 900 pounds.
你肯定不想支付超过900英镑吧。
That doesn't include bills or anything.
这不包括账单或任何东西。
MATT: No. That sounds alright.
马特:不。听起来不错
I'll definitely have a look there.
我肯定会去看看那里。
Are the transport links easy from where you live?
你居住的地方的交通方便吗?
LINDA: Well, I'm very lucky.
琳达:嗯,我很幸运。
I work in the city centre so I don't have to use public transport.
我在市中心工作,所以我不是非得使用公共交通工具。
I go by bike.
我骑自行车去。
MATT: Oh, I wish I could do that.
马特:哦,我希望我能那样做。
Is it safe to cycle around the city?
在市里骑车安全吗?
LINDA: Yes, it's fine. And it keeps me fit.
琳达:安全的。骑车让我保持健康。
Anyway, driving to work in the city centre would be a nightmare because there's hardly any parking.
无论如何,因为几乎没有停车位,所以开车到市中心工作将是一场噩梦。
And the traffic during the rush hour can be bad.
而且高峰时段的交通可能会很糟。
MATT: I'd be working from home but I'd have to go to London one or two days a week.
马特:我要在家工作,但我必须每周去伦敦一两天。
LINDA: Oh, that's perfect. Getting to London is no problem.
琳达:哦,那太完美了。去伦敦没问题。
There's a fast train every 30 minutes which only takes 45 minutes.
每30分钟有一趟快速列车,只需45分钟。
MATT: That's good.
马特:那很好。
LINDA: Yeah, the train service isn't bad during the week.
琳达:是的,火车服务在工作日还不差。
And they run quite late at night.
而且它们在晚上运行很晚。
It's weekends that are a problem.
到了周末就是一个问题。
They're always doing engineering work and you have to take a bus to Hadham and pick up the train there, which is really slow.
铁路上总有工程任务,你必须坐公共汽车去哈德姆,然后去那里坐火车,这真的很慢。
But other than that, Banford's a great place to live.
但除此之外,班福德是一个很棒的居住地。
I've never been happier.
我在那住得非常幸福。
LINDA: There are some nice restaurants in the city centre and a brand new cinema which has only been open a couple of months.
琳达:市中心有一个很棒的餐厅,还有一个只开业几个月的新电影院。
There's a good arts centre too.
这里还有一个很好的艺术中心。
MATT: Sounds like Banford's got it all.
马特:听起来班福德简直完美啊。
LINDA: Yes! We're really lucky.
琳达:是的!我们真的很幸运。
There are lots of really good aspects to living here.
居住在这里有很多非常好的优势。
The schools are good and the hospital here is one of the best in the country.
学校很好,并且这里的医院是全国最好的医院之一。
Everyone I know who's been there's had a positive experience.
我认识的每个人都有过很好的居住体验。
Oh, I can give you the name of my dentist too in Bridge Street, if you're interested.
哦,如果你有兴趣的话,我也可以给你在桥街我牙医的名字。
I've been going to him for years and I've never had any problems.
我已经在他那里看了好多年了,从来没有遇到任何问题。
MATT: Oh,OK. Thanks!
马特:哦,好的。谢谢!
LINDA: I'll find his number and send it to you.
琳达:我找到他的号码就发给你。
MATT: Thanks, that would be really helpful.
马特:谢谢,这真的很有帮助。
LINDA: Are you planning to visit Banford soon?
琳达:你打算近期去参观班福德吗?
MATT: Yes. My wife and I are both coming next week.
马特:是的。我和我的妻子下周都要来。
We want to make some appointments with estate agents.
我们想与地产代理商约个时间。
LINDA: I could meet you if you like and show you around.
琳达:如果你愿意,我可以约你并带你四处看看。
MATT: Are you sure? We'd really appreciate that.
马特:真的吗?我们真的很感激。
LINDA: Either a Tuesday or Thursday is good for me, after 5.30.
琳达:周二或周四5:30之后我都可以。
MATT: Thursday's preferable - Tuesday I need to get home before 6 pm.
马特:周四更好,我需要在周二下午6点之前回家。
LINDA: OK. Great. Let me know which train you're catching and I'll meet you in the cafe outside.
琳达:好的。太棒了。让我知道你要坐哪辆火车,我会在外面的咖啡馆等你。
You can't miss it.
你不会错过它的。
It's opposite the station and next to the museum.
它位于车站对面,毗邻博物馆。
MATT: Brilliant. I'll text you next week then.
马特:太棒了。我下周会发短信给你。
Thanks so much for all the advice.
非常感谢你给我所有的建议。
LINDA: No problem. I'll see you next week.
琳达:没问题。下周见。
下一题
剑13 undefined