首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑11 Test 4 Section 3 Q21-22
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21 and 22 
Choose TWO letters, A-E


Which TWO characteristics were shared by the subjects of Joanna's psychology study? 

A

They had all won prizes for their music.

B

They had all made music recordings.

C

They were all under 27 years old.

D

They had all toured internationally.

E

They all played a string instrument.

SUPERVISOR: Hi, Joanna, good to meet you.

导师:嗨,乔安娜,很高兴见到你。

Now, before we discuss your new research project, I'd like to hear something about the psychology study you did last year for your Master's degree.

在我们讨论你的新研究项目之前,我想听听你去年那篇关于心理学研究的硕士论文。

So how did you choose your subjects for that?

你是如何挑选你的研究对象的?

JOANNA: Well, I had six subjects, all professional musicians, and all female.

乔安娜:我有六个研究对象,她们都是职业女性音乐家。

Three were violinists and there was also a cello player and a pianist and a flute player.

三名小提琴家、一名大提琴家、一名钢琴家和一名长笛演奏家。

They were all very highly regarded in the music world and they'd done quite extensive tours in different continents, and quite a few had won prizes and competitions as well.

她们在业界都很受尊重,而且在世界各地都参加了很多演出。有些人还获得了奖项。

SUPERVISOR: And they were quite young, weren't they?

导师:而且她们都很年轻,对吧?

JOANNA: Yes, between 25 and 29 - the mean was 27.8.

乔安娜:是的,都是在25-29岁之间,平均年龄是27.8岁。

I wasn't specifically looking for artists who'd produced recordings, but this is something that's just taken for granted these days, and they all had.

当时我并没有特意挑选那些出过专辑的音乐家,但是现在已经可以考虑这个条件了,因为她们都出过专辑。

SUPERVISOR: Right. Now you collected your data through telephone interviews, didn't you?

导师:好。你通过电话访谈收集你的数据,对吗?

JOANNA: Yes. I realised if I was going to interview leading musicians it'd only be possible over the phone because they're so busy.

乔安娜:是的。我觉得只有通过电话才能实现我的访谈内容,因为她们都太忙了。

I recorded them using a telephone recording adaptor.

我利用电话录音记录了访谈内容。

I'd been worried about the quality, but it worked out all right.

我之前还担心录音质量,但是听起来还不错。

I managed at least a 30-minute interview with each subject, sometimes longer.

我每个人都设计了至少30分钟的访谈内容,有的更长一些。

SUPERVISOR: Did doing it on the phone make it more stressful?

导师:电话沟通会不会更紧张一些?

JOANNA: I'd thought it might ... it was all quite informal though and in fact they seemed very keen to talk.

乔安娜:我原本也是这么认为的……因为不是正式的访谈形式。但是她们还都挺健谈的。

And I don't think using the phone meant I got less rich data, rather the opposite in fact.

我不认为电话沟通就会比面对面沟通收集的数据少,而事实正相反。

SUPERVISOR: Interesting. And you were looking at how performers dress for concert performances?

导师:有意思。你还研究这些人在音乐会表演中怎样穿戴?

JOANNA: That's right.

乔安娜:是的。

My research investigated the way players see their role as a musician and how this is linked to the type of clothing they decide to wear.

我想研究表演者如何看待她们作为音乐家这个角色,如何通过穿着表现出来。

But that focus didn't emerge immediately.

但是这点并没有很快地显示出来。

When I started I was more interested in trying to investigate the impact of what was worn on those listening, and also whether someone like a violinist might adopt a different style of clothing from, say, someone playing the flute or the trumpet.

刚开始时,我更倾向于研究穿着对听众的影响,以及像小提琴演奏家这样的人是否会选择与长笛演奏家或小号吹奏家截然不同的服装风格。

SUPERVISOR: It's interesting that the choice of dress is up to the individual, isn't it?

导师:挺有趣的,他们的穿着其实是由自己决定的,对吗?

JOANNA: Yes, you'd expect there to be rules about it in orchestras, but that's quite rare.

乔安娜:是的,你以为是由乐队规定着装的,其实他们很少有这样的规定。

下一题

剑11 undefined