Hi. Great to see you!
嘿,很高兴见到你们。
I'm Jody, and I'll be looking after both of you for the first month you've working here at the Amersham Theatre.
我叫乔迪,在刚开始的这一个月我会带你们熟悉在安玛西亚剧院的工作。
I'll tell you something about the theatre now, then take you to meet two of the other staff.
现在我要告诉你们关于剧院的事情,然后带你们去见另外两名同事。
It's an old building, and it's been modernised several times.
这里原本是老建筑,被现代化装修了几次。
In fact, as you can see, we're carrying out a major refurbishment at the moment.
实际上,你们可以看到,现在我们正在进行翻修工作。
The interior has just been repainted, and we're about to start on the exterior of the building - that'll be a big job.
内部刚刚重新喷漆,现在我们正在对外立面进行装修,这可是个大工程。
The work's running over budget, so we've had to postpone installing an elevator.
这项工程已经超预算了,所以我们要推迟电梯的安装工程。
I hope you're happy running up and down stairs!
我希望你们喜欢走楼梯哦!
When the theatre was built, people were generally slimmer and shorter than now, and the seats were very close together.
剧院建成时,那时的人比现在普遍要瘦小一些,所以座椅挨得很紧。
We've replaced them with larger seats, with more legroom.
现在我们已经重新换了大椅子,放脚的空间也大了很多。
This means fewer seats in total but we've taken the opportunity to install seats that can easily be moved, to create different acting spaces.
这样一来座位变少了,但是我们安装了一些可移动的椅子,这样可以变换舞台形式。
We've also turned a few storerooms over to other purposes, like using them for meetings.
我们还把一些库房改造成别的用途,比如会议室。
We try hard to involve members of the public in the theatre.
我们努力让公众体验剧院运作。
One way is by organising backstage tours, so people can be shown round the building and learn how a theatre operates.
其中一种方式是组织后台参观,这样人们可以在剧院四处转转,了解剧院。
These are proving very popular.
现在这样的方式很流行。
What we're finding is that people want to have lunch or a cup of coffee while they're here, so we're looking into the possibility of opening a café in due course.
我们发现人们到这里的时候喜欢用一些午饭或是喝些咖啡,所以我们会在适当时候开家咖啡店。
We have a bookshop, which specialises in books about drama, and that attracts plenty of customers.
我们还有书店,专门售卖戏剧方面书籍,很受顾客青睐。
Then there are two large rooms that will be decorated next month, and they'll be available for hire, for conferences and private functions, such as parties.
还有两个大房间下个月要装修,之后可用于场地出租,会议或是类似聚会形式的私人活动。
We're also considering hiring out costumes to amateur drama clubs.
我们还考虑出租戏服给业余戏剧俱乐部。
Now I want to tell you about our workshops.
现在跟你们说一下我们的研习班。
We recently started a programme of workshops that anyone can join.
近期我们启动了一个人人可参与的研习班项目。
Eventually we intend to run courses in acting, but we're waiting until we've got the right people in place as trainers.
最终我们要开办表演课程,等到我们找到合适的导师我们就会启动。
That's proving more difficult than we'd expected!
这比我们想得要困难的多!
There's a big demand to learn about the technical side of putting on a production, and our lighting workshop has already started, with great success.
目前要求学习演出中技术方面培训的人很多。我们的灯光研习班已经开启了,而且效果不错。
We've going to start one on sound next month.
下个月我们准备开启音响研习班。
A number of people have enquired about workshops on make-up, and that's something we're considering for the future.
很多人在咨询化妆研习班,未来我们可能会考虑开设这个班。
A surprise success is the workshop on making puppets.
木偶剧研习班收获非凡。
We happen to have someone working here who does it as a hobby, and she offered to run a workshop.
在这里工作的一名员工正好有此爱好,她开办了这个研习班。
It was so popular we've now running them every month!
每个月这些研习班都很受欢迎!
下一题
剑11 undefined