首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑11 Test 2 Section 1 Q1-10
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-10 
Complete the notes below. 
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer. 

 
Enquiry about joining Youth Council
 
Example 
Name: Roger Brown   

Age: 18 
Currently staying in a 1    during the week 
Postal address: 2 17,   Street, Stamford, Lincs 
Postcode: 3      
Occupation: student and part-time job as a 4  
Studying 5    (major subject) and history (minor subject) 
Hobbies: does a lot of 6   , and is interested in the 7  
On Youth Council, wants to work with young people who are 8    
Will come to talk to the Elections Officer next Monday at 9   pm 
Mobile number: 10    

CAROLINE: Good Morning. Youth Council. Caroline speaking.

卡洛琳:早上好。这里是青年委员会。我是卡洛琳。

ROGER: Oh, hello, I'm interested in standing for election to the Youth Council, and I was told to give you a call.

罗杰:哦,您好。我想参加青年委员会的选举,别人让我给您打电话。

CAROLINE: That's good. Could I have your name, please?

卡洛琳:好的。能告诉我您的姓名么?

ROGER: Yes, it's Roger Brown.

罗杰:嗯,我叫罗杰·布朗。

CAROLINE: Thank you. I'm Caroline, the Youth Council administrator.

卡洛琳:谢谢。我叫卡洛琳,是青年委员会的负责人。

So do you know much about what the Council does, Roger?

罗杰,你对委员会了解多少?

ROGER: I've talked to Stephanie - I think she's the chair of the Council.

罗杰:我之前和斯蒂芬妮沟通过,她应该是委员会主席。

CAROLINE: That's right.

卡洛琳:是的。

ROGER: And she told me a lot about it.

罗杰:她跟我说了很多。

How it's a way for young people to discuss local issues, for example, and make suggestions to the town council.

在这里,年轻人可以探讨本地议题,比如,为市政会提建议。

That's what made me interested.

我对此很感兴趣。

CAROLINE: Fine. Well let me take down some of your details.

卡洛琳:好的。让我来了解你的一些情况。

First of all, how old are you?

首先,请问你的年龄?

You know the Council is for young people aged from 13 to 18?

你是否知道委员会里的年轻人年龄限制是13岁至18岁之间?

ROGER: I've just turned 18.

罗杰:我正好18岁。

CAROLINE: And where do you live, Roger?

卡洛琳:那么罗杰,你住在哪里?

ROGER: Well, that's a bit complicated.

罗杰:嗯,这说起来有点复杂。

At the moment I'm looking for a flat to rent here, so I'm in a hostel from Monday to Friday.

现在我正在附近租房子,所以现在每周一到周五我住旅馆。

I go back to my parents' place at the weekend.

周末回我父母那里住。

CAROLINE: OK, so where's the best place to send you some information about the Council?

卡洛琳:好,如果要给你寄一些委员会的通知那么最合适的地址是哪呢?

ROGER: Oh, to my parents' address, please.

罗杰:哦,请寄到我父母那里吧。

That's 17, Buckleigh Street - B-U-C-K-L-E-I-G-H Street, Stamford, Lincolnshire, though you don't really need the county.

罗杰:地址是林肯郡斯坦福德镇柏克里其大街17号。其实你也不需要镇的名字。

CAROLINE: Oh, I know Stamford - it's a lovely town.

卡洛琳:哦,我知道斯坦福德,很不错的地方。

And what's the postcode?

邮编是?

ROGER: PE9 7QT.

罗杰:PE9 7QT。

CAROLINE: Right, thank you.

卡洛琳:好的,谢谢。

So are you working here, or are you a student?

你在这里工作还是上学?

ROGER: I started studying at the university a couple of weeks ago, and I've got a part-time job for a few hours a week.

罗杰:我在这里已经上了几周的课了,每周我还会兼职几个小时。

CAROLINE: What do you do?

卡洛琳:那你都做什么呢?

ROGER: Well, I've done several different things.

罗杰:嗯,我做了很多事情。

I've just finished a short-term contract as a courier, and now I'm working as a waiter in one of the big hotels.

我刚完成一个短期导游工作,现在我在一家大酒店做服务员。

CAROLINE: Uhuh. That can't leave you much time for studying!

卡洛琳:嗯。那你学习的时间可就不多了!

ROGER: Oh, it's not too bad.

罗杰:哦,还好啦。

I manage to fit it all in.

我会合理安排的。

CAROLINE: What are you studying?

卡洛琳:你学的什么专业?

ROGER: My ambition is to go into parliament eventually, so my major subject is politics.

罗杰:我志向是成为国会议员,所以我选择的专业是政治。

That's partly why I think the Youth Council is important and want to be a part of it.

这也是为什么我认为青年委员会很重要,想要加入它的原因。

CAROLINE: And I suppose you're also taking a minor subject, aren't you?

卡洛琳:我猜你还选择了其他专业,对吧?

I know a lot of people study economics too.

我知道的好多人还选择了经济。

ROGER: I chose history.

罗杰:我选的是历史。

To be honest, I'm not finding it as interesting as I expected!

说实话,我觉得它没有我想象中那么有意思!

CAROLINE: OK, so with your studying and your part-time job, do you have time for any other interests or hobbies?

卡洛琳:好吧,在你学习和工作之余,你还有其他爱好吗?

ROGER: Well, I spend quite a lot of time cycling - both around town to get to university and to work, and also long-distance, from here to London, for instance.

罗杰:嗯,我大部分时间会去骑行,在城里骑车去上学或工作。我还会骑到远一些的地方,比如从这里到伦敦。

CAROLINE: That's pretty impressive! Anything else?

卡洛琳:真不错!还有吗?

ROGER: For relaxation I'm also keen on the cinema - I used to go at least once a week, but I can't manage to go so often now.

罗杰:放松的时候我还会去电影院。原来我每周至少去一次,但是现在我去的少了。

CAROLINE: Right. Are you sure you'll have enough time for the Youth Council?

卡洛琳:好。你确定你有足够的时间来青年委员会吗?

ROGER: Yes, I've worked out that I can afford to reduce my hours at work, and that will make the time.

罗杰:是的,我已经安排好,我可以削减我工作的时间,这样就可以了。

CAROLINE: So is there any particular aspect of the Youth Council's work that appeals to you, Roger?

卡洛琳:那么青年委员会的工作有哪些特别的方面吸引你么,罗杰?

ROGER: Well my sister is blind, so I'm particularly interested in working with disabled young people, to try and improve the quality of their lives.

罗杰:嗯,我的妹妹是盲人,所以我对帮助残疾青少年的工作更感兴趣,尽力改善他们的生活质量。

CAROLINE: That's great.

卡洛琳:很好。

Well, the best way to get involved is to be nominated by some people who you know.

嗯,现在加入的最好方式是让你认识的人为你推荐。

ROGER: Right. Can you tell me how to set about organising that?

罗杰:好。能告诉我如何做吗?

CAROLINE: You should talk to Jeffrey, our Elections Officer.

卡洛琳:你应该和我们的选举官杰弗里聊聊。

I can arrange a meeting in the council office with him, if you like.

如果你愿意,我可以帮你约他到委员会办公室谈谈。

ROGER: Yes, please.

罗杰:好的,麻烦您了。

CAROLINE: He'll be here next Monday, if that suits you.

卡洛琳:如果可以的话,他下周一会来。

ROGER: That's the 14th, isn't it?

罗杰:是14号对吗?

CAROLINE: Yes.

卡洛琳:是的。

ROGER: I can manage late afternoon.

罗杰:我可以订到下午晚些时候。

CAROLINE: Would you like to suggest a time?

卡洛琳:你要先定个时间吗?

He generally leaves around 5.30.

他通常会在5:30的时候离开。

ROGER: Well, would 4.30 be OK?

罗杰:嗯,那4:30如何?

My last class finishes at 4, so I'd have plenty of time to get to your office.

我最后一节课在4点结束,这样我有充足的时间到您的办公室。

CAROLINE: Right, that's fine.

卡洛琳:好,就这样。

Oh, and could I have a phone number we can contact you on?

哦,能否留个电话以便我们联系你?

ROGER: Yes, my mobile number's 07788 136711.

罗杰:好,我的电话是07788 136711。

CAROLINE: Thank you.

卡洛琳:谢谢。

Well, we'll look forward to seeing you next week.

嗯,那么下周见。

ROGER: Thanks very much. Goodbye.

罗杰:非常感谢。再见。

CAROLINE: Bye.

卡洛琳:再见。

下一题

剑11 undefined