SUE: Now I've heard something about Paxton Nature Reserve.
苏:我听说过帕克斯顿自然区的一些情况。
It's a good place for spotting unusual birds, isn't it?
那是一个适宜观察罕见鸟类的好地方,是吗?
MARTIN: That's right - throughout the year.
马丁:没错,一年四季都可以。
There is a lake there, as well as a river, and they provide a very attractive habitat.
那里有个湖,还有河,那里的风景很美。
So it's a good idea to bring binoculars if you have them.
如果你们有望远镜的话可以带过去。
And just at the moment you can see various flowers that are pretty unusual - the soil at Paxton isn't very common.
这个季节你们还可以观赏很多罕见的花。帕克斯顿的土壤比较特殊。
They're looking good right now.
现在它们开得很好。
SUE: Right. My husband will be particularly interested in that.
苏:好的。我丈夫应该会很喜欢。
MARTIN: And there is going to be a talk and slide show about mushrooms - and you'll be able to go out and pick some afterwards and study the different varieties.
马丁:那里还有关于蘑菇的语音和ppt讲解。在学习不同种类的蘑菇之后,你们还可以出去采摘一些。
SUE: Uhuh. And is it possible for children to swim in the river?
苏:嗯。那孩子可以在河里游泳吗?
MARTIN: Yes. Part of it has been fenced off to make it safe for children to swim in.
马丁:可以。有些带栅栏的安全区域可以供孩子们游泳。
It's very shallow, and there's a lifeguard on duty whenever it's open.
那里很浅,而且还会有救生员在旁监视。
The lake is too deep, so swimming isn't allowed there.
但湖还是挺深的,所以禁止在里面游泳。
SUE: OK, we must remember to bring their swimming things, in case we go to Paxton.
苏:好的,如果去帕克斯顿的话我得记着给他们带游泳的装备。
How long does it take to get there by car from Burnham?
从博纳姆开车回去要多久啊?
MARTIN: About 20 minutes, but parking is very limited, so it's usually much easier to go by bus - and it takes about the same time.
马丁:大概20分钟吧,但是停车位比较紧张,所以一般坐车过去比较方便,花费的时间也差不多。
SUE: Right. Well, I'll discuss the options with the rest of the family.
苏:好。我会跟家人一起讨论一下其他的安排。
Thanks very much for all your help.
非常感谢您的帮助。
MARTIN: You're welcome.
马丁:不客气。
SUE: Goodbye.
苏:再见。
MARTIN: Bye.
马丁:再见。
下一题
剑11 undefined