首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑12 Test 6 Section 3 Q21-25
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21-25
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.

 
Scandinavian Studies
21 James chose to take Scandinavian Studies because when he was a child 

A

he was often taken to Denmark.

B

his mother spoke to him in Danish.

C

a number of Danish people visited his family.

22 When he graduates, James would like to 

A

take a postgraduate course.

B

work in the media.

C

become a translator.

23 Which course will end this term?

A

Swedish cinema

B

Danish television programmes

C

Scandinavian literature

24 They agree that James's literature paper this term will be on 

A

19th century playwrights.

B

the Icelandic sagas.

C

modern Scandinavian novels.

25 Beth recommends that James's paper should be 

A

a historical overview of the genre.

B

an in-depth analysis of a single writer.

C

a study of the social background to the literature.

BETH: Oh good morning. You must be James.

贝丝:早上好。你一定是詹姆斯。

I'm Beth Cartwright - please call me Beth.

我是贝丝 卡特莱特——请叫我贝丝。

JAMES: Thank you.

詹姆斯:谢谢。

BETH: Now as this is your first tutorial since you started on the Scandinavian Studies course, I'd like to find out something about you.

贝丝:因为这是你选择斯堪的纳维亚研究课后的第一次辅导课,我想了解一下你的情况。

Why did you decide to take this course?

你为什么选择这门课程呢?

JAMES: Well, my mother is Danish, and although we always lived in England, she used to talk about her home a lot, and that made me want to visit Denmark.

詹姆斯:我的母亲是丹麦人,尽管我们都生活在英格兰。她经常谈论她的家乡,这就使得我想去丹麦看一看。

We hardly ever did, though - my mother usually went on her own.

虽然我们几乎没办法一起去——但是我母亲通常独自去。

But whenever her relations or friends were in England they always came to see us.

但是无论何时,他的亲戚朋友到英格兰来,他们都会来看看我们。

BETH: I see. So I assume you already speak Danish, one of the languages you'll be studying.

贝丝:我明白了。所以我猜你已经会说丹麦语了,你正在学习的语言之一。

JAMES: I can get by when I talk to people, though I'm not terribly accurate.

詹姆斯:虽然我讲的不是很准确,但是跟人们谈话的时候还是可以理解的。

BETH: Now you probably know that you'll spend the third year of the course abroad.

贝丝:现在或许你知道你将在第三年出国学习。

Have you had any thoughts about that?

你有什么想法吗?

JAMES: I'm really looking forward to it.

詹姆斯:我真的已经很期待了。

And although Denmark seems the obvious place to go, because of my family connections, I'd love to spend the time in Iceland.

尽管丹麦很明显是我应该去的地方,因为我家庭的原因,但是我也想去冰岛度假。

BETH: Oh, I'm sure it can be arranged.

贝丝:我保证,会安排的。

Do you have any plans for when you graduate?

你有毕业后有什么计划吗?

A lot of students go on to take a master's degree.

很多学生继续攻读硕士学位。

JAMES: I think the four years of the undergraduate course will be enough for me.

詹姆斯:我想四年的本科学业对我来说足够了。

I'm interested in journalism and I quite like the idea of moving to Scandinavia and writing for magazines.

我对新闻学感兴趣,我非常想搬到斯堪的纳维亚,为杂志社写文章。

I'd find that more creative than translating, which I suppose most graduates do.

我认为那会比翻译更有创造力,我猜这也是很多毕业生想做的。

BETH: OK. Now how are you finding the courses you're taking this term, James?

贝丝:好的。你认为这学期你的课程怎么样,詹姆斯?

JAMES: Well, I'm really enjoying the one on Swedish cinema.

詹姆斯:嗯,我非常喜欢瑞典电影学的课程。

BETH: That'll continue next term, but the one on Scandinavian literature that's running at the moment will be replaced by more specialised courses.

贝丝: 那个课程下学期也会继续,但是现在开设的斯堪的纳维亚文学将会被更多的专业课代替。

Oh, and by the way, if you're interested in watching Danish television programmes - there's going to be a course on that the term after next.

噢,顺便说一下,如果你喜欢看丹麦电视节目——在下下学期会有一门关于它的课程。

JAMES: That sounds good.

詹姆斯:听起来不错。

BETH: Have you started thinking about the literature paper that you have to write in the next few weeks?

贝丝:你开始考虑几周以后要写的文学论文了吗?

JAMES: Yes, my first choice would be to do something on the Icelandic sagas.

詹姆斯:是的,我的首选是写冰岛传说。

BETH: Hmm. The trouble with that is that a lot of people choose that topic, and it can be difficult to get hold of the books you'll need.

贝丝:嗯。问题是很多人都选了那个主题,所以要拿到你需要的书籍会比较困难。

Why not leave that for another time?

为什么不留给下次尝试呢?

JAMES: Right.

詹姆斯:好的。

BETH: You might find modern novels or 19th century playwrights interesting.

贝丝:你会发现现代小说或者19世纪剧作家的主题非常有意思。

JAMES: I've read or seen several plays in translation, so that would be a good idea.

詹姆斯:我已经读过或看过一些翻译的戏剧,所以这是个好主意。

BETH: Fine. I'll put you down for that topic.

贝丝:好的。我会把你这个话题记下来的。

JAMES: Right. So what would you advise me to aim at in the paper?

詹姆斯:好的。所以您建议我论文的主旨是什么呢?

BETH: First I suggest you avoid taking one writer and going into a great deal of detail.

贝丝:首先,我建议你避免只谈论一位作者然后给出大量细节。

That approach certainly has its place, but I think you first need to get an understanding of the literature in the context of the society in which it was produced - who it was written for, how it was published, and so on.

那种方法当然也会有他的优点,但是我认为首先你需要理解文学作品在创作时的社会环境——作品是写给谁的,是如何出版的等等。

I also think that's more fruitful than placing it within the history of the genre.

此外,我认为这会比把作品放到文学流派的发展历史中讨论更富有成效。

JAMES: OK, that sounds reasonable.

詹姆斯:好的,听起来很有道理。

下一题

剑12 undefined