首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑10 Test 4 Section 3 Q23-24
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 23 and 24
Choose TWO letters, A-E.

 
Which TWO immediate benefits did the company get from Laura's work placement?

A

updates for its software

B

cost savings

C

an improved image

D

new clients

E

a growth in sales

TIM: Hi, Laura - could you spare a few minutes to talk about the work placement you did last summer?

提姆:嗨,萝拉。你可以花几分钟跟我说一下去年夏天你做的工作实习吗?0:43.147

I'm thinking of doing one myself ...

我自己也在考虑去实习。0:48.532

LAURA: Hi, Tim. Sure.

萝拉:嗨,提姆。当然可以。0:50.800

TIM: Didn't you do yours at an environmental services company?

提姆:你是不是在一个环境服务公司做的?0:53.500

LAURA: That's right ... It's only a very small company and they needed someone to produce a company brochure, and I wanted to get some business experience because I'm interested in a career in occupational psychology in a business environment.

萝拉:是的…… 它是一个很小的公司,需要有人帮他们生产公司手册。因为我对于商业环境下职业心理学相关的职业感兴趣,所以我想有些行业经验。0:57.725

It was good because I had overall responsibility for the project.

这工作不错,因为我可以全权负责整个项目。1:13.500

TIM: What kind of skills do you think you developed on the placement?

提姆:在实习中你觉得你自己锻炼了什么技能?1:18.553

I mean, apart from the ones you already had ...

我的意思是,除了你现有的以外。1:22.364

Did you have to do all the artwork for the brochure, the layout and everything?

你需要做所有手册的美工吗,排版什么的?1:25.356

LAURA: We hired the services of a professional photographer for that.

萝拉:我们雇了一个职业摄影师来做这些。1:30.700

I did have to use my IT skills to a certain extent because I cut and pasted text from marketing leaflets, but that didn't involve anything I hadn't done before.

从某种程度来讲,我的确得用到我的IT技术,因为我需要从市场传单中剪切和粘贴文本,但是这些都是我之前做过的事情。1:34.728

TIM: Do you think you got any better at managing your time and prioritising things?

提姆:你觉得你自己在管理时间和优先处理事情方面有没有长进?1:45.924

You always used to say you had trouble with that ...

你原来总说在这些方面你总遇到些问题……1:50.722

LAURA: Oh, definitely. There was so much pressure to meet the project deadline.

萝拉:哦当然。在赶项目的截止日期时总是有很大的压力。1:53.459

And I also got better at explaining things and asserting my opinions, because I had to have weekly consultations with the marketing manager and give him a progress report.

我解释说明,表达观点的能力也更好了,因为我必须每周和市场经理进行商讨,并且和他汇报进展。1:58.650

TIM: It sounds as if you got a lot out of it then.

提姆:听起来你从中收获很多啊。2:09.947

LAURA: Absolutely. It was really worthwhile …

萝拉:必须的。这真的很值得……2:12.644

But you know, the company benefited too ...

但是你知道,公司也从中获益。2:16.541

TIM: Yes, they must have done.

提姆:是的,他们当然如此。2:20.021

After all, if they'd used a professional advertising agency to produce their brochure instead of doing it in-house, presumably they'd have paid a lot more?

毕竟,如果他们让专业的广告代理来制作手册,而不是在公司内部完成,估计他们要多花很多钱?2:22.253

LAURA: Oh, yes. I worked it out – it would have been 250 per cent more.

萝拉:哦是的。我算下来,要多花超过250%。2:32.426

And I thought the end result was good, even though we did everything on site.

我想最终的结果不错,尽管我们每件事都是在公司里完成的。2:38.830

The company has quite a powerful computer and I managed to borrow some scanning software from the university.

公司的计算机很强大,我设法从学校借了一些扫描软件。2:43.935

The new brochure looks really professional; it enhances the image of the company straight away.

新的手册看起来非常专业,立刻提升了公司的形象。2:50.633

TIM: So in the long run it should help them to attract clients, and improve their sales figures?

提姆:所以从长远来看,这可以帮他们吸引客户,并且提升他们的销售数据?2:56.600

LAURA: That's the idea. Yeah.

萝拉:就是这个意思。是的。3:02.900

下一题

剑10 undefined