首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑10 Test 4 Section 3 Q25-30
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 25-30
What source of information should Tim use at each of the following stages of the work placement?
Choose SIX answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-G, next to questions 25-30.

Sources of information
A
company manager 
B company's personnel department 
C personal tutor 
D psychology department 
E mentor 
F university careers officer 
G internet 

Stages of the work placement procedure 
25 obtaining booklet                  
26 discussing options                   
27 getting updates                       
28 responding to invitation for interview    
29 informing about outcome of interview    
30 requesting a reference          

TIM: Well, all in all it sounds very positive - I think I will go ahead and apply for a placement myself.

提姆:那么,总体来说听起来很积极。我想我要继续申请我自己的实习了。

How do I go about it?

我怎么样做呢?

LAURA: It's easy enough to do, because there's a government agency called STEP - S-T-E-P - that organises placements for students.

萝拉:其实很简单,因为有个叫做“STEP”S-T-E-P的政府机构为学生组织实习。

You should start by getting their booklet with all the details - I expect you can download one from their website.

你应当在开始的时候拿他们的手册看看所有具体的信息。我估计你可以从网上下载。

TIM: Actually, they've got copies in the psychology department – I've seen them there.

提姆:事实上,心理学系有几份,我在那儿见过。

I'll just go to the office and pick one up.

我要赶紧去办公室拿一份。

LAURA: Right. And then if I were you, after I'd looked at it I'd go over all the options with someone …

萝拉:好的。然后如果我是你,看完后我会找个人分析所有的选项。

TIM: I suppose I should ask my tutor's advice.

提姆:我想我应该让我的导师给些建议。

He knows more about me than anyone.

他比任何人都了解我。

LAURA: One of the career officers would be better.

萝拉:找一个职业顾问应该更好些。

They've got more knowledge about the jobs market than your personal tutor would have.

他们比你的个人导师更了解就业市场。

TIM: OK ...

提姆:好的……

LAURA: And then when you know what you want you can register with STEP –you'll find their address in the booklet.

萝拉:然后,当你知道自己想和STEP在哪方面进行登记后,你能在手册上找到它的地址。

And once you've registered they assign you to a mentor who looks after your application.

一旦注册成功,他们会给你分配一位负责你的申请的导师。

TIM: And then I suppose you just sit back and wait till you hear something?

提姆:然后我估计你就坐等接下来的消息?

LAURA: They told me at the careers office that it's best to be proactive, and get updates yourself by checking the website for new placement alerts.

萝拉:职业办公室的人告诉我最好要积极主动些,自己通过查找网页的新实习提醒去更新你所掌握的情况。

Your mentor is supposed to keep you informed, but you can't rely on that.

你的导师应该会告知你这些信息,但是你不能依靠这种方式。

TIM: I don't suppose it's a good idea to get in touch with companies directly, is it?

提姆:我觉得不应该直接和公司联系,是不是?

LAURA: Not really... But it is the company who notifies you if they want you to go for an interview.

萝拉:不太好。但是的确是公司通知你是不是需要你去参加面试。

You get a letter of invitation or an email from Personnel departments.

你会从人事部门收到一封邀请信或者电邮。

TIM: And do I reply directly to them?

提姆:我要直接回复他们吗?

LAURA: Yes, you do.

萝拉:是的。

STEP only gets involved again once you've been made a job offer.

只有在你拿到录取通知后STEP会再次参与其中。

TIM: Right ... So, once you've had an interview you should let your mentor know what the outcome is?

提姆:好的。所以,一旦参加了面试,你应该让导师知道你的结果?

I mean whether you're offered a job, and whether you've decided to accept it?

我的意思是不管你有没有得到这份工作,也不论你决没决定接受这个份工作?

LAURA: That's right.

萝拉:是的。

They'll inform the careers office once a placement has been agreed, so you don't have to do that.

一旦确认实习,他们会通知职业办公室。所以你不必这么做。

TIM: Is that all then?

提姆:就这些了吗?

LAURA: More or less.

萝拉:差不多吧。

Only once you've accepted an offer you'll probably have to supply a reference, because the placement will be conditional on that.

只有当你接受入职通知,你可能要提供一封推荐信,因为实习的条件是基于这个的。

And that's something you should ask your own tutor to provide.

这是你需要让你的个人导师提供的。

He knows about your academic ability and also about your qualities, like reliability.

他知道你的学习能力和你的素质,比如可靠度。

TIM: Well, thanks very much for the information – I'm starting to look forward ...

提姆:好的,非常感谢你的信息,我开始期待了……

下一题

剑10 undefined