ROB: But while you're here, Mia, I wanted to ask you about the year abroad option.
罗布:但是既然你在这儿,米娅,我想问问你如何选择海外交换。
Would you recommend doing that?
你会推荐这么做吗?
MIA: Yes, definitely. It's a fantastic chance to study in another country for a year.
米娅:是的,当然会。这是一个在其他国家学习一年的绝佳机会。
ROB: I think I'd like to do it, but it looks very competitive – there's only a limited number of places.
罗布:我想我愿意,但是看起来竞争激烈,因为位置有限。
MIA: Yes, so next year when you are in the second year of the course, you need to work really hard in all your theatre studies modules.
米娅:是的,所以明年大二的时候,你需要努力学习剧院研究的模块课程。
Only students with good marks get places – you have to prove that you know your subject really well.
只有成绩好的学生才能得到这些位置。你需要证明你对于你的科目十分了解。
ROB: Right. So how did you choose where to go?
罗布:好的。所以你怎样选择去哪里?
MIA: Well.I decided I wanted a programme that would fit in with what I wanted to do after I graduate, so I looked for a university with emphasis on acting rather than directing for example.
米娅:好吧。比如,我决定我想要一个可以满足我毕业后想做的事情的项目,所以我寻找了一个重点在表演而不是导演上的大学。
It depends on you.
这取决于你。
Then about six months before you go, you have to email the scheme coordinator with your top three choices.
之后在你走之前的六个月,你必须要给计划的协调人发邮件,告知你的前三个选择。
I had a friend who missed the deadline and didn't get her first choice, so you do need to get a move on at that stage.
我有个朋友忘记了截止日期,所以没有得到她的第一志愿,所以你必须在那个阶段向前推进。
You'll find that certain places are very popular with everyone.
你会发现有些地方对于每个人都很受欢迎。
ROB: And don't you have to write a personal statement at that stage?
罗布:在那个阶段你不需要写份个人陈述吗?
MIA: Yes.
米娅:是的需要。
ROB: Right. I'll get some of the final year students to give me some tips ... maybe see if I can read what they wrote.
罗布:好的。我会向即将毕业的学生寻求建议…… 也许是看看我能不能看懂他们写的东西。
MIA: I think that's a very good idea.
米娅:我想这个主意不错。
I don't mind showing you what I did.
我不介意给你看看我写的。
And while you're abroad don't make the mistake I made.
当你在国外时,不要犯我犯过的错误。
I got so involved. I forgot all about making arrangements for when I came back here for the final year.
我太投入了。我忘了所有关于为我最后一年回到这里做的安排。
Make sure you stay in touch so they know your choices for the optional modules.
确保你和这里保持联系,这样他们就知道你对于选学模块的选择了。
You don't want to miss out doing your preferred specialisms.
你不想错过参加你擅长的专业。
ROB: Right.
罗布:是的。
下一题
剑10 undefined