CARLA: So I think we've probably got enough for our presentation.
卡拉:所以我想我们的演讲大概已经有了足够的内容。
It's only fifteen minutes.
只需要15分钟。
ROB: OK. So I suppose we'll begin with some general historical background about why coastal cities were established.
罗伯:好的。所以我想我们应该从一些关于为何建立沿海城市的历史背景开始。
But we don't want to spend too long on that.
但我们不想在这上面花太多时间。
The other students will already know a bit about it.
其他的学生估计已经了解了一些。
It's all to do with communications and so on.
这全要看沟通互动了。
CARLA: Yes. We should mention some geographical factors, things like wetlands and river estuaries and coastal erosion and so on.
卡拉:是的。我们应该提到一些地理因素,如湿地、河口、海岸侵蚀等。
We could have some maps of different cities with these features marked.
我们可以准备一些不同城市的地图,在上面标出这些特征。
ROB: On a handout you mean? Or some slides everyone can see?
罗伯:你是说讲义?或是一些大家都能看到的幻灯片?
CARLA: Yeah, that'd be better.
卡拉:是的,那会更好。
ROB: It'd be good to go into past mistakes in a bit more detail.
罗伯:把过去的错误讲得更详细一点会很好。
Did you read that case study of the problems there were in New Orleans with flooding a few years ago?
你读过几年前新奥尔良洪水问题的案例研究吗?
CARLA: Yes. We could use that as the basis for that part of the talk.
卡拉:读过。我们可以用它作为那部分演讲的基础。
I don't think the other students will have read it, but they'll remember hearing about the flooding at the time.
我觉得其他学生应该没有看过这个案例,但他们应该会听说过当时那件关于洪水的事。
ROB: OK. So that's probably enough background.
罗伯:好吧。所以背景大概就够了。
CARLA: So then we'll go on to talk about what action's being taken to deal with the problems of coastal cities.
卡拉:那么我们接着讨论,人们正在采取什么行动来处理沿海城市的问题。
ROB: OK. What else do we need to talk about?
罗伯:好的。我们还需要谈什么?
Maybe something on future risks, looking more at the long term, if populations continue to grow.
可以谈点未来的风险,更多地着眼于长期,如果人口继续增长的话。
CARLA: Yeah. We'll need to do a bit of work there, I haven't got much information, have you?
卡拉:是的。我们需要在那一点上做做准备,我没有太多的信息,你呢?
ROB: No. We'll need to look at some websites. Shouldn't take too long.
罗伯:我也没有。我们需要查询一些网站。这用不了多久。
CARLA: OK. And I think we should end by talking about international implications.
卡拉:好的。我认为我们应该在结束时谈谈国际影响。
Maybe we could ask people in the audience.
或许我们可以问问观众。
We've got people from quite a lot of different places.
我们有很多来自不同地方的人。
ROB: That'd be interesting, if we have time, yes. So now shall we…
罗伯:对,如果我们有时间的话,那会很有趣的。所以现在我们……
下一题
剑14 undefined