首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑14 Test 4 Section 1 Q1-7
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-7
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

Enquiry about booking hotel room for event

Example
Andrew is the Events Manager

Rooms
Adelphi Room
number of people who can sit down to eat: 1  
has a gallery suitable for musicians
can go out and see the 2   in pots on the terrace
terrace has a view of a group of 3  
Carlton Room
number of people who can sit down to eat: 110
has a 4  
view of the lake

Options
Master of Ceremonies:
can give a 5   while people are eating
will provide 6   if there are any problems
Accommodation:
in hotel rooms or 7  

ANDREW: Good morning, Clare House Hotel.

安德鲁:早上好,这里是克莱尔豪斯酒店。

Andrew speaking. I'm the Events Manager.

为您接线的是安德鲁。我是活动经理。

SAM: Good morning, Andrew. My name's Samantha.

萨姆:早上好,安德鲁。我的名字是萨姆莎。

I'm arranging a party for my parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary, and I'm ringing to ask about hiring a room some time next September.

我正在为我父母五十周年结婚纪念日策划一个派对,我打电话来是想在明年9月某个时候租用一个房间。

Also my parents and several of the guests will need accommodation.

我的父母和一些客人将需要住宿。

ANDREW: OK, I'm sure we can help you with that.

安德鲁:好的,我相信我可以帮到您。

Will you be having a sit-down meal or a buffet?

你们是要桌宴还是自助餐?

SAM: Probably a sit-down.

萨姆:应该是桌宴。

ANDREW: And do you know how many people there'll be?

安德鲁:您知道会有多少人吗?

SAM: Around eighty, I think.

萨姆:我想大概是80人左右。

ANDREW: Well we have two rooms that can hold that number.

安德鲁:我们有两个可以容纳那么多人的房间。

One is the Adelphi Room.

一间是阿德尔菲厅。

That can seat eighty-five, or hold over a hundred if people are standing for a buffet.

它可以容纳85人,或者如果大家是站着吃自助餐的话,可以容纳100人以上。

SAM: Right.

萨姆:好的。

ANDREW: If you have live music, there's room for four or five musicians in the gallery overlooking the room.

安德鲁:如果您需要现场音乐,长廊那里有个地方可以俯瞰整个房间,能够容纳四五个乐手。

Our guests usually appreciate the fact that the music can be loud enough for dancing, but not too loud for conversation.

我们的客人通常会很满意这一点,音乐大到足够跳舞,但又不会打扰到人们的交谈。

SAM: Yes, I really don't like it when you can't talk.

萨姆:是的,我真的不喜欢音乐大到无法交谈。

ANDREW: Exactly. Now the Adelphi Room is at the back of the hotel, and there are French windows leading out onto the terrace.

安德鲁:的确如此。阿德尔菲厅位于酒店的后面,那里设有通往露台的落地窗。

This has a beautiful display of pots of roses at that time of the year.

每年的那个时候,都有漂亮的盆栽玫瑰花展览。

SAM: Which direction does it face?

萨姆:它面朝哪个方向?

ANDREW: Southwest, so that side of the hotel gets the sun in the afternoon and early evening.

安德鲁:西南方向,所以酒店的那一边下午和傍晚的时候会有阳光照射。

SAM: very nice.

萨姆:非常棒。

ANDREW: From the terrace you can see the area of trees within the grounds of the hotel, or you can stroll through there to the river -that's on the far side, so it isn't visible from the hotel.

安德鲁:在露台上您可以看到酒店区域内的树木,或者您可以从那里漫步到河边,河在远处的地方,因此从酒店看不到。

SAM: OK.

萨姆:好的。

ANDREW: Then another option is the Carlton Room.

安德鲁:然后另一个选择是卡尔顿厅。

This is a bit bigger - it can hold up to a hundred and ten people - and it has the advantage of a stage, which is useful if you have any entertainment, or indeed a small band can fit onto it.

它要更大一点儿——可以容纳110人——它的优势是有一个舞台,如果您有任何的娱乐项目,甚至是请一支小乐队,它就派得上用场了。

SAM: And can you go outside from the room?

萨姆:从房间里可以去到外面吗?

ANDREW: No, the Carlton Room is on the first floor, but on one side the windows look out onto the lake.

安德鲁:不行,虽然卡尔顿厅在一楼,但其中一侧的窗户外就是一个湖。

SAM: Lovely. I think either of those rooms would be suitable.

萨姆:不错。我想两个房间中的任意一个都很合适。

ANDREW: Can I tell you about some of the options we offer in addition?

安德鲁:我可以告诉您一些我们提供的其他选择吗?

SAM: Please do.

萨姆:好的。

ANDREW: As well as a meal, you can have an MC, a Master of Ceremonies, who'll be with you throughout the party.

安德鲁:除了用餐之外,你还可以选择一个MC,即司仪,他将在整个聚会期间与你们在一起。

SAM: What exactly is the MC's function?

萨姆:司仪的作用具体是什么呢?

I suppose they make a speech during the meal if we need one, do they?

我猜如果我们需要,司仪会在用餐期间为我们致辞,对吗?

ANDREW: That's right.

安德鲁:是的。

All our MCs are trained as public speakers, so they can easily get people's attention - many guests are glad to have someone who can make themselves heard above the chatter!

我们所有的司仪都是训练有素的公共演讲者,所以他们很容易引起人们的注意——许多客人都很高兴有人能让他们的谈话被别人听到。

And they're also your support - if anything goes wrong, the MC will deal with it, so you can relax.

而且他们也会为你提供帮助——如果出现任何问题,司仪会去处理,所以你不用紧张。

SAM: Great! I'll need to ask you about food, but something else that's important is accommodation.

萨姆:棒极了!以后我还要问问你关于食物的事情,但还有一个重要的事情就是住宿。

You obviously have rooms in the hotel, but do you also have any other accommodation, like cabins for example?

显然酒店里有房间,但你们还有其他的住宿选择吗,比如小屋?

ANDREW: Yes, there are five in the grounds, all self-contained.

安德鲁:有的,场地中有五个小屋,都是独立的。

They each sleep two to four people and have their own living room, bathroom and small kitchen.

每间小屋可以容纳两到四个人,并有独立的客厅、浴室和小厨房。

SAM: That sounds perfect for what we'll need.

萨姆:听上去不错,正是我们想要的。

下一题

剑14 undefined