ANDREW: Good morning, Clare House Hotel.
安德鲁:早上好,这里是克莱尔豪斯酒店。
Andrew speaking. I'm the Events Manager.
为您接线的是安德鲁。我是活动经理。
SAM: Good morning, Andrew. My name's Samantha.
萨姆:早上好,安德鲁。我的名字是萨姆莎。
I'm arranging a party for my parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary, and I'm ringing to ask about hiring a room some time next September.
我正在为我父母五十周年结婚纪念日策划一个派对,我打电话来是想在明年9月某个时候租用一个房间。
Also my parents and several of the guests will need accommodation.
我的父母和一些客人将需要住宿。
ANDREW: OK, I'm sure we can help you with that.
安德鲁:好的,我相信我可以帮到您。
Will you be having a sit-down meal or a buffet?
你们是要桌宴还是自助餐?
SAM: Probably a sit-down.
萨姆:应该是桌宴。
ANDREW: And do you know how many people there'll be?
安德鲁:您知道会有多少人吗?
SAM: Around eighty, I think.
萨姆:我想大概是80人左右。
ANDREW: Well we have two rooms that can hold that number.
安德鲁:我们有两个可以容纳那么多人的房间。
One is the Adelphi Room.
一间是阿德尔菲厅。
That can seat eighty-five, or hold over a hundred if people are standing for a buffet.
它可以容纳85人,或者如果大家是站着吃自助餐的话,可以容纳100人以上。
SAM: Right.
萨姆:好的。
ANDREW: If you have live music, there's room for four or five musicians in the gallery overlooking the room.
安德鲁:如果您需要现场音乐,长廊那里有个地方可以俯瞰整个房间,能够容纳四五个乐手。
Our guests usually appreciate the fact that the music can be loud enough for dancing, but not too loud for conversation.
我们的客人通常会很满意这一点,音乐大到足够跳舞,但又不会打扰到人们的交谈。
SAM: Yes, I really don't like it when you can't talk.
萨姆:是的,我真的不喜欢音乐大到无法交谈。
ANDREW: Exactly. Now the Adelphi Room is at the back of the hotel, and there are French windows leading out onto the terrace.
安德鲁:的确如此。阿德尔菲厅位于酒店的后面,那里设有通往露台的落地窗。
This has a beautiful display of pots of roses at that time of the year.
每年的那个时候,都有漂亮的盆栽玫瑰花展览。
SAM: Which direction does it face?
萨姆:它面朝哪个方向?
ANDREW: Southwest, so that side of the hotel gets the sun in the afternoon and early evening.
安德鲁:西南方向,所以酒店的那一边下午和傍晚的时候会有阳光照射。
SAM: very nice.
萨姆:非常棒。
ANDREW: From the terrace you can see the area of trees within the grounds of the hotel, or you can stroll through there to the river -that's on the far side, so it isn't visible from the hotel.
安德鲁:在露台上您可以看到酒店区域内的树木,或者您可以从那里漫步到河边,河在远处的地方,因此从酒店看不到。
SAM: OK.
萨姆:好的。
ANDREW: Then another option is the Carlton Room.
安德鲁:然后另一个选择是卡尔顿厅。
This is a bit bigger - it can hold up to a hundred and ten people - and it has the advantage of a stage, which is useful if you have any entertainment, or indeed a small band can fit onto it.
它要更大一点儿——可以容纳110人——它的优势是有一个舞台,如果您有任何的娱乐项目,甚至是请一支小乐队,它就派得上用场了。
SAM: And can you go outside from the room?
萨姆:从房间里可以去到外面吗?
ANDREW: No, the Carlton Room is on the first floor, but on one side the windows look out onto the lake.
安德鲁:不行,虽然卡尔顿厅在一楼,但其中一侧的窗户外就是一个湖。
SAM: Lovely. I think either of those rooms would be suitable.
萨姆:不错。我想两个房间中的任意一个都很合适。
ANDREW: Can I tell you about some of the options we offer in addition?
安德鲁:我可以告诉您一些我们提供的其他选择吗?
SAM: Please do.
萨姆:好的。
ANDREW: As well as a meal, you can have an MC, a Master of Ceremonies, who'll be with you throughout the party.
安德鲁:除了用餐之外,你还可以选择一个MC,即司仪,他将在整个聚会期间与你们在一起。
SAM: What exactly is the MC's function?
萨姆:司仪的作用具体是什么呢?
I suppose they make a speech during the meal if we need one, do they?
我猜如果我们需要,司仪会在用餐期间为我们致辞,对吗?
ANDREW: That's right.
安德鲁:是的。
All our MCs are trained as public speakers, so they can easily get people's attention - many guests are glad to have someone who can make themselves heard above the chatter!
我们所有的司仪都是训练有素的公共演讲者,所以他们很容易引起人们的注意——许多客人都很高兴有人能让他们的谈话被别人听到。
And they're also your support - if anything goes wrong, the MC will deal with it, so you can relax.
而且他们也会为你提供帮助——如果出现任何问题,司仪会去处理,所以你不用紧张。
SAM: Great! I'll need to ask you about food, but something else that's important is accommodation.
萨姆:棒极了!以后我还要问问你关于食物的事情,但还有一个重要的事情就是住宿。
You obviously have rooms in the hotel, but do you also have any other accommodation, like cabins for example?
显然酒店里有房间,但你们还有其他的住宿选择吗,比如小屋?
ANDREW: Yes, there are five in the grounds, all self-contained.
安德鲁:有的,场地中有五个小屋,都是独立的。
They each sleep two to four people and have their own living room, bathroom and small kitchen.
每间小屋可以容纳两到四个人,并有独立的客厅、浴室和小厨房。
SAM: That sounds perfect for what we'll need.
萨姆:听上去不错,正是我们想要的。
下一题
剑14 undefined