SECTION 1
INTERVIEWER: Excuse me.
采访者:打扰一下。
LUISA: Yes?
路易莎:什么?
INTERVIEWER: I wonder if you could spare a few minutes to do a survey on transport.
采访者:我在想你能不能腾出几分钟帮我做一下关于交通的调查。
It won't take long.
不会耽误太久。
LUISA: NO, that's fine.
路易莎:当然没问题。
INTERVIEWER: Lovely. The survey is on behalf of the local council.
采访者:太棒了。这份调查代表当地的市委会。
They'd like to know about what transport you use and any suggestions for improvement.
他们想知道你使用什么交通方式以及你对改善交通的建议。
Can I start by asking you how you travelled to town today?
首先我可以问你一下今天你怎样到镇上来的吗?
LUISA: Sure. I came on the bus.
路易莎:当然可以。我坐公交车来的。
INTERVIEWER: Great. Now can I get a few details about yourself?
采访者:好的。现在我可以问你一些关于你自己的细节吗?
LUISA: OK.
路易莎:好的。
INTERVIEWER: What's your name?
采访者:你叫什么?
LUISA: It's Luisa ...
路易莎:是路易莎……
INTERVIEWER: Yes.
采访者:好的。
LUISA: Hardie.
路易莎:哈迪。
INTERVIEWER: Can you spell that, please?
采访者:能拼一下吗?
LUISA: Yes, it's H-A-R-D-I-E.
路易莎:是的,是H-A-R-D-I-E。
INTERVIEWER: Great. Thanks.
采访者:好的。谢谢。
And can I have your address?
我可以问下你的地址吗?
LUISA: It's 19, White Stone Road.
路易莎:是白石头路19号。
INTERVIEWER: Oh, right. I know that area.
采访者:哦好的。我知道那个地区。
It's Bradfield, isn't it?
是布拉德菲尔德,是不是?
LUISA: That's right.
路易莎:是的。
INTERVIEWER: Is the postcode GT7?
采访者:邮编是GT7吗?
LUISA: It's actually G-T-8, 2-L-C.
路易莎:实际上是GT8 2LC。
INTERVIEWER: Great. And could I ask what your job is?
采访者:好的。我能问下你的工作吗?
Are you a student?
你是学生吗?
LUISA: I've actually just finished my training. I'm a hairdresser.
路易莎:实际上我刚完成我的培训。我是个美发师。
INTERVIEWER: Oh, right. And one more question in this section.
采访者:哦好的。这部分最后一个问题:
What is the reason for you coming into town today?
你今天来镇上的目的是什么?
LUISA: Actually it's not for shopping today, which would be my normal reason, but to see the dentist.
路易莎:实际上今天不是来购物的,这通常是我来的原因。但是今天是来看牙医的。
INTERVIEWER: Right. Thanks.
采访者:好的。谢谢。
INTERVIEWER: Now in this last section I'd like you to give us some ideas about the facilities and arrangements in the city for getting to and from work, er, any suggestions you have for improvements.
采访者:现在在最后这个部分,我想让你对于城市中上下班的设施和安排给出些想法,呃,对于改善这些有没有什么建议。
LUISA: Well, something I've thought about for some time is that when I do walk and I'm doing a later shift, I think the lighting should be better.
路易莎:那么,有个事我已经考虑了一阵子了,是当我上晚班,走路的时候,我觉得灯光可以再好些。
INTERVIEWER: Yes, good point.
采访者,好的,问得好。
LUISA: And of course, I think it's a real shame they've been cutting down on the number of footpaths.
路易莎:当然,我想他们减少人行小路的数量真的很遗憾。
They should have more of those.
他们应该多设些。
Then people would walk more.
这样走路的人就更多了。
INTERVIEWER: Yes, right.
采访者:好的。
LUISA: And, I don't think there are enough trains.
路易莎:而且,我认为火车也不够。
That's why I don't use them – you have to wait so long.
这就是我不坐它们的原因,你必须要等很久。
INTERVIEWER: Thanks. And finally I'd like to ask your opinion on cycling.
采访者:谢谢。最后我想问问你关于骑自行车的想法。
As you may know, there's a drive in the city to get more people to cycle to work.
你可能知道,现在城里有种趋势,有越来越多的人骑车上班。
LUISA: Right.
路易莎:是的。
INTERVIEWER: But we realise that there are things which the council, but also employers, might do to help encourage workers to cycle to work.
采访者:但是我们意识到市委会还有雇主可能可以做些事鼓励员工骑车上班。
LUISA: Yep. Well, I have thought about it and where I work there are no safe places to leave your bikes.
路易莎:是的。我想过这件事,在我工作的地方没有一个安全的存放自行车的地方。
INTERVIEWER: OK.
采访者:好的。
LUISA: And also, I'd have to cycle uphill and on a hot day I'd arrive at work pretty sweaty so I think I'd need a shower somewhere at work.
路易莎:并且,我要骑上山,而且在一个炎热的天气里,我会满身汗水地到达工作地点,所以如果那样的话我在单位需要一个地方冲凉。
INTERVIEWER: Right.
采访者:好的。
LUISA: And I suppose the last thing is that I wouldn't be all that confident about cycling on such busy roads.
路易莎:还有我猜最后一点是我对在如此繁忙的路上骑车不是很自信。
I think I'd like to see you offering training for that, you know, I'd feel a lot better about starting if that was the case.
我希望你们可以提供相关的培训,你知道的,如果有培训,我对开始骑车这件事会更有信心。
INTERVIEWER: Well, that's very helpful. Thank you very much for your time.
采访者:好的,这真的很有帮助。非常感谢你的时间。
LUISA: No problem. Bye.
路易莎:不客气。再见。
上一题
剑10 Test 1 Section 4下一题
剑10 Test 2 Section 2