首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑11 Test 4 Section 1
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-7 
Complete the table below. 
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer


1  
2  
3  
4  
5  
6  
7  
Questions 8-10 
Who is each play suitable for? 
Write the correct letter, A, B or C, next to Questions 8-10.

A mainly for children 
B mainly for adults 
C suitable for people of all ages

Plays
8 The Mystery of Muldoon     
9 Fire and Flood             
10 Silly Sailor     

SECTION 1

ROB: Good morning. Stretton Festival box office.

罗伯:早上好。这里是斯特顿节日售票处。

How can I help you?

请问有什么能帮您?

MELANIE: Oh, hello.

梅兰妮:哦,您好,

My family and I are on holiday in the area, and we've seen some posters about the festival this week.

我和家人在这边度假,我们看到了一些这周的节日海报。

Could you tell me about some of the events, please?

能告诉我最近有什么活动吗?

ROB: Of course.

罗伯:没问题。

MELANIE: First of all, are there still tickets available for the jazz band on Saturday?

梅兰妮:我想先问一下现在还有周六爵士乐队的票吗?

ROB: There are, but only £15.

罗伯:有,但是只有十五英镑的票了。

The £12 seats have all been sold.

十二英镑的票售罄了。

MELANIE: OK. And the venue is the school, isn't it?

梅兰妮:好的。场地是在这个学校,对吗?

ROB: Yes, that's right, the secondary school.

罗伯:是的,是在这个中学部里。

Make sure you don't go to the primary school by mistake!

可别走到小学部那里哦!

And there's an additional performer who isn't mentioned on the posters - Carolyn Hart is going to play with the band.

表演里还有一场额外演出——海报中并未提及——那就是卡洛琳·哈特将和乐队一起表演。

MELANIE: Oh, I think I've heard her on the radio.

梅兰妮:哦,我好像从广播里听说了。

Doesn't she play the oboe, or flute or something?

她不是演奏双簧管或是长笛什么的吗?

ROB: Yes, the flute.

罗伯:对,她是演奏长笛的。

She usually plays with symphony orchestras, and apparently this is her first time with a jazz band.

她经常和管弦乐队表演。这是她第一次和爵士乐队一起表演。

MELANIE: Well, I'd certainly like to hear her.

梅兰妮:嗯,我很期待她的演出。

Then the next thing I want to ask about is the duck races - I saw a poster beside a river. What are they, exactly?

接下来我想咨询一下那个鸭子比赛。我在河边的海报看到的。具体是什么呢?

ROB: Well, you buy a yellow plastic duck - or as many as you like - they're a pound each.

罗伯:嗯,您到时候可以买一只或是几只黄色的塑料鸭子,每只鸭子1英镑。

And you write your name on each one.

然后您可以在上面写上您的名字。

There'll be several races, depending on the number of ducks taking part.

我们会根据参与的鸭子的数量安排比赛场次。

And John Stevens, a champion swimmer who lives locally, is going to start the races.

约翰·史蒂文斯就住在这边,他会负责启动比赛。

All the ducks will be launched into the river at the back of the cinema, then they'll float along the river for 500 metres, as far as the railway bridge.

所有鸭子会被放置到电影院后面的河边,然后他们会沿河漂流500米,直到铁路大桥。

MELANIE: And are there any prizes?

梅兰妮:那么有奖品吗?

ROB: Yes, the first duck in each race to arrive at the finishing line wins its owner free tickets for the concert on the last night of the festival.

罗伯:有,每次比赛获得第一名的将得到假期最后一天晚上音乐会的门票。

MELANIE: You said you can buy a duck?

梅兰妮:您是说您这里可以买鸭子吗?

I'm sure my children will both want one.

我想我的孩子们肯定都想要一只。

ROB: They're on sale at a stall in the market.

罗伯:市场的货架上就有卖的。

You can't miss it - it's got an enormous sign showing a couple of ducks.

您肯定会找到的,就是一群标着大大的标签的鸭子。

MELANIE: OK. I'll go there this afternoon.

梅兰妮:好的。我下午去看看。

I remember walking past there yesterday.

我记得我昨天路过那里。

Now could you tell me something about the flower show, please?

能再跟我说一下花展的活动吗?

ROB: Well, admission is free, and the show is being held in Bythwaite Hall.

罗伯:嗯,门票免费,地点在百思味特大厅。

MELANIE: Sorry, how do you spell that?

梅兰妮:抱歉,能告诉我怎么拼吗?

ROB: B-Y-T-H-W-A-l-T-E. Bythwaite.

罗伯:B-Y-T-H-W-A-l-T-E,百思味特。

MELANIE: Is it easy to find?

梅兰妮:那里好找吗?

I'm not very familiar with the town yet.

我对这个城镇还不是很熟悉。

ROB: Oh, you won't have any problem.

罗伯:哦,没有问题的。

It's right in the centre of Stretton.

它就在斯特顿的中心。

It's the only old building in the town, so it's easy to recognise.

这个镇上唯一的一个老建筑,很容易识别的。

MELANIE: I know it. I presume it's open all day.

梅兰妮:我知道那个建筑。我觉得它全天都开放。

ROB: Yes, but if you'd like to see the prizes being awarded for the best flowers, you'll need to there at 5 o'clock.

罗伯:是的,但是如果您想看最美花朵的颁奖仪式,您需要5点前到那里。

The prizes are being given by a famous actor, Kevin Shapless.

奖金由著名演员凯文·沙普勒斯提供。

He lives nearby and gets involved in a lot of community events.

他住在附近并且参与了好多社区活动。

MELANIE: Gosh, I've seen him on TV.

梅兰妮:天呐,我在电视上见过他。

I'll definitely go to the prize-giving.

我一定要去看看颁奖仪式。

ROB: Right.

罗伯:好的。

MELANIE: I've seen a list of plays that are being performed this week, and I'd like to know which are suitable for my children, and which ones my husband and I might go to.

梅兰妮:我看了一下这周的表演名单,我想问一下哪些适合我的孩子们,哪些适合我和我的先生?

ROB: How old are your children?

罗伯:您家孩子多大了?

MELANIE: Five and seven.

梅兰妮:一个5岁一个7岁。

What about 'The Mystery of Muldoon'?“

神秘的马尔登”怎么样?

ROB: That's aimed at five to ten-year-olds.

罗伯:那个适合5-10岁的儿童。

MELANIE: So if I take my children, I can expect them to enjoy it more than I do?

梅兰妮:那如果我带他们去,我想他们会比我收获更多对吗?

ROB: I think so.

罗伯:我认为是这样的。

If you'd like something for yourself and your husband, and leave your children with a babysitter, you might like to see 'Fire and Flood'.

如果您把孩子托给保姆,您和您先生可以看看“火与洪水”。

- it's about events that really happened in Stretton two hundred years ago, and children might find it rather frightening.

那是关于发生在两百年前的斯特顿的事,小孩子看可能会害怕。

MELANIE: Oh, thanks for the warning.

梅兰妮:哦,谢谢提醒。

And finally, what about 'Silly Sailor'?

那么最后我想问问“愚蠢的水手”。

ROB: That's a comedy, and it's for young and old.

罗伯:那是个喜剧,老少皆宜。

In fact, it won an award in the Stretton Drama Festival a couple of months ago.

几个月前,它还在斯特顿戏剧节上获奖了。

MELANIE: OK. Well, goodbye, and thanks for all the information.

梅兰妮:好吧,那么我就告辞了,感谢您的信息。

I'm looking forward to the festival!

我很期待这次的假期!

ROB: Goodbye.

罗伯:再见。

上一题

剑11 Test 3 Section 4

下一题

剑11 Test 4 Section 2