首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑11 Test 1 Section 1
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

HIRING A PUBLIC ROOM

Example
· the Main Hall - seats 200

Room and cost
· the 1   Room - seats 100
· Cost of Main Hall for Saturday evening: 2 £   + £250 deposit ( 3   payment is required)
· Cost includes use of tables and chairs and also 4  
· Additional charge for use of the kitchen: £25

Before the event 
· Will need a 5   licence
· Need to contact caretaker (Mr Evans) in advance to arrange 6  

During the event
· The building is no smoking
· The band should use the 7   door at the back
· Don't touch the system that controls the volume
· For microphones, contact the caretaker

After the event 
· Need to know the 8   for the cleaning cupboard
· The 9   must be washed and rubbish placed in black bags
· All 10   must be taken down
· Chairs and tables must be piled up

SECTION 1

OFFICIAL: Hello?

工作人员:你好?

WOMAN: Oh, hello. I wanted to enquire about hiring a room in the Village Hall, for the evening of September the first.

女人:您好。我想问一下租用村务大厅的一间公共会议室的事宜,九月一日晚上要用。

OFFICIAL: Let me just see ... Yes, we have both rooms available that evening.

工作人员:我看看……那天晚上我们的两个会议室都可以用。

There's our Main Hall - that's got seating for 200 people.

一个是主厅,里面可容纳200个人。

Or there's the Charlton Room ...

另一间是Charlton会议室……

WOMAN: Sorry?

女人:不好意思,您说的是什么会议室?

OFFICIAL: The Charlton Room - C-H-A-R L-T-O-N.

工作人员:Charlton会议室,名字拼写是 C-H-A-R-l-T-0-N。

That's got seating for up to one hundred.

这间会议室最多可容纳100个人。

WOMAN: Well, we're organising a dinner to raise money for a charity, and we're hoping for at least 150 people, so I think we'll go for the Main Hall.

女人:我们要组织一个筹款的慈善晚宴,预期至少会有150个人出席,所以我想我们还是定主厅吧。

How much would that cost?

租用主厅要花多少钱?

OFFICIAL: Let's see. You wanted it for the evening of September 1st?

工作人员:看看哈。你想要九月一日晚上用是吧?

WOMAN: Yes, that's a Saturday.

女人:对,是个星期六。

OFFICIAL: So from six pm to midnight that'd be£115 - that's the weekend price, it's £75 on weekdays.

工作人员:从晚上6点到12点是115英镑,这是周末的价格,工作日租用的话只要75英镑。

WOMAN: That's all right.

女人:可以。

OFFICIAL: And I have to tell you there's also a deposit of £250, which is returnable of course as long as there's no damage.

工作人员:还有,你还要交个250英镑的押金,当然了,只要主厅没有出现什么破损,就会把押金退还给你的。

But we do insist that this is paid in cash, we don't take cards for that.

但是我们押金只收现金,不能刷卡。

You can pay the actual rent of the room however you like though - cash, credit card, cheque...

实际租金随便怎么支付都可以,现金、刷卡、支票……都没问题。

WOMAN: Oh, well I suppose that's OK.

女人:嗯,我觉得应该没问题。

So does the charge include use of tables and chairs and so on?

你们收取的租金里面包括了使用桌椅之类的费用吗?

OFFICIAL: Oh, yes.

工作人员:包括了的。

WOMAN: And what about parking?

女人:停车费呢?

OFFICIAL: Yeah, that's all included.

工作人员:是的,都包含在内了。

The only thing that isn't included is ... you said you were organising a dinner?

唯一一个没有包括的是……你刚才说你们要筹备一个晚宴?

WOMAN: Yeah.

女人:是的。

OFFICIAL: Well, you'll have to pay extra for the kitchen if you want to use that. It's £25.

工作人员:那如果你们要使用厨房的话,还要额外支付25英镑。

It's got very good facilities - good quality cookers and fridges and so on.

厨房里的设备都很棒,有质量很好的厨具,还有冰箱等等。

WOMAN: OK, well I suppose that's all right.

女人:好的,我想应该没关系。

We can cover the cost in our entry charges.

我们可以把这个费用分摊到入场费里。

OFFICIAL: Right. So I'll make a note of that.

工作人员:好的。我把这个记下来。

Now there are just one or two things you need to think about before the event.

那么现在,在你们举行活动之前还有一两件事情需要考虑。

For example, you'll have to see about getting a licence if you're planning to have any music during the meal.

比如,如果你们打算在晚宴期间来点音乐的话,要着手申请一个许可证。

WOMAN: Oh, really?

女人:真的吗?

OFFICIAL: It's quite straightforward, I'll give you the details later on.

工作人员:那很简单的,我稍后把详细信息告诉你。

And about a week or ten days before your event you'll need to contact the caretaker, that's Mr Evans, to make the arrangements for entry - he'll sort that out with you.

另外,在活动开始前一个周或者十天左右,你需要跟管理员Mr Evans联系,一起安排一下入场事宜。他会跟你一起搞定的。

WOMAM: And do I give him the payment as well?

女人:我要付钱给他吗?

OFFICIAL: NO, you do that directly with me.

工作人员:不,你直接把钱给我。

WOMAN: Right. NOW is there anything I need to know about what happens during the event?

女人:好的。那么在活动进行期间,我还有什么要注意的事情吗?

OFFICIAL: Well, as you'll be aware, of course the building is no smoking throughout.

工作人员:嗯,你可能也会注意到,在整栋建筑里任何地方都不能吸烟。

WOMAN: Of course.

女人:没问题。

OFFICIAL: Now, are you having a band?

工作人员:你们会请乐队吗?

WOMAN: Yes.

女人:是的。

OFFICIAL: Well, they'll have a lot of equipment, so rather than using the front door they should park their van round the back and use the stage door there.

工作人员:他们会有很多乐器和设备的,所以,他们要把车停在后面,通过后台的门进来,而不是从前门进来。

You can open that from inside but don't forget to lock it at the end.

你可以从里面把后台的门打开,但是请别忘了结束之后把它锁上。

WOMAN: OK.

女人:好的。

OFFICIAL: And talking of bands, I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but you must make sure that no one fiddles about with the black box by the fire door - that's a system that cuts in when the volume reaches a certain level.

工作人员:说到乐队,我相信不用讲你也知道,但我还是要强调一下。你们必须确保没人乱动防火门旁边的黑盒子,那是个当声音太大的时候会自动插入的系统。

It's a legal requirement.

这是个法律要求,必须遵守。

WOMAN: Sure. Anyway, we want people to be able to talk to one another so we don't want anything too loud.

女人:应该的。反正我们也想让大家可以互相聊聊天,所以不会弄得太吵的。

Oh, that reminds me, we'll be having speeches - are there any microphones available?

这正好提醒了我,我们到时候会有演讲,你们这儿有话筒吗?

OFFICIAL: Yeah. Just let the caretaker know, he'll get those for you.

工作人员:有的。你跟管理员说就好了,他会给你们的。

Right, now when the event is over we do ask that the premises are left in good condition.

还有,我们要求活动结束之后室内保持整洁。

So there's a locked cupboard and you'll be informed of the code you need to open that.

所以,我们会告诉你打开锁着的橱柜需要的密码。

It's got all the cleaning equipment, brushes and detergent and so on.

柜子里有所有的清扫装备——刷子、清洁剂等等。

WOMAN: Right. So what do we need to do after everyone's gone?

女人:好的。大家都走了之后我们要做什么?

Sweep the floors I suppose?

扫地?

OFFICIAL: Well, actually they have to be washed, not just swept.

工作人员:事实上,你们不仅要扫地,还要把地拖干净。

Then you'll be provided with black plastic bags, so all the rubbish must be collected up and left outside the door.

然后我们会给你们一些黑色塑料袋,你们必须把所有的垃圾都装起来放到门外去。

WOMAN: Of course. We'll make sure everything's left tidy.

女人:当然啦。我们会确保一切都干净整洁的。

Oh, and I forgot to ask, I presume we can have decorations in the room?

对了,我刚才忘记问了。我们可以在房间里做些装饰吧?

OFFICIAL: Yes, but you must take them down afterwards.

工作人员:可以,但是结束之后必须把它们弄下来。

WOMAN: Sure.

女人:没问题。

OFFICIAL: And the chairs and tables should be stacked up neatly at the back of the room.

工作人员:还有,你们要把桌椅整齐地摆放在房间后面。

WOMAN: I'll make sure I've got a few people to help me.

女人:我会叫几个人来帮我的。

下一题

剑11 Test 1 Section 2