SECTION 1
MAN: Good morning, Kenton Festival box office.
男士:早上好,这里是Kenton节假日售票处。
How can I help you?
请问有什么可以帮到您?
WOMAN: Oh, good morning.
女士:早上好。
I'm coming to Kenton for a few days' holiday next month, and a friend told me there's a festival.
下个月我会去Kenton度几天假,有个朋友告诉我那里有个节日。
She gave me this number to find out about it.
她给了我这个号码让我自己来问清楚。
MAN: That's right, the festival begins on the 16th of May and goes on till the 19th.
男士:是的,该节日从5月16号开始,持续到19号。
WOMAN: Oh, that's great.
女士:啊,太棒了。
I'll be there from the 15th till the 19th.
我会在那从15号待到19号。
So could you tell me the programme, please?
请你告诉我一下具体有什么节目。
MAN: Well, on the first day, there's the opening ceremony, in the town centre.
男士:嗯,第一天在市中心有个开幕式。
People start gathering around 2 o'clock, to get a good place to see from, and the events will start at 2.45, and finish about 5.30.
为了找到一个看节目的好位置,人们两点左右就开始聚集,开幕式2:45开始,5:30左右结束。
WOMAN: OK, thanks. I'll make sure I get there early to get a good spot.
女士:好的,谢谢。我会确保早点到那找个好位置的。
MAN: The festival will be officially opened by the mayor.
男士:节日将由市长宣布正式开始。
He'll just speak for a few minutes, welcoming everyone to the festival.
他会发表几分钟的讲话,欢迎大家来参与这个节日。
All the town councillors will be there, and of course lots of other people.
所有的市议员都会出席,当然也还有很多别的人。
WOMAN: Right.
女士:好。
MAN: Then there'll be a performance by a band.
男士:然后会有一个乐队的表演。
Most years we have a children's choir, but this year the local army cadets offered to perform, and they're very good.
大多数年份都有儿童合唱,但今年本地军校学员主动要来表演,他们非常棒。
WOMAN: Uhuh.
女士:哦,是吗?
MAN: After that, a community group from the town will perform a play they've written themselves, just a short one.
男士:在那之后,本地的一个社区团体将表演一出他们自己写的短剧。
It's about Helen Tungate.
短剧是关于 Helen Tungate的。
I don't know if you've heard of her?
我不知道您是否听说过她。
WOMAN: I certainly have. She was a scientist years ago.
女士:我当然听过。她很多年前是位科学家。
MAN: That's right. She was born in Kenton exactly 100 years ago, so we're celebrating her centenary.
男士:是的。她正好在100年前生于 Kenton,所以我们会庆祝她的百年诞辰。
WOMAN: I'm a biologist, so I've always been interested in her.
女士:我是一个生物学家,所以我一直对她很感兴趣。
I didn't realise she came from Kenton.
不过我没意识到她来自 Kenton。
MAN: Yes. Well, all that will take place in the afternoon, and later, as the sun sets, there'll be a firework display.
男士:嗯。刚才说的所有节目都是在下午,随后,日落的时候将会有焰火表演。
You should go to the park to watch, as you'll get the best view from there.
你应该去公园看的,那儿有最好的视野。
And the display takes place on the opposite side of the river.
焰火表演就在河对面。
It's always one of the most popular events in the festival.
那一直是节日期间最受欢迎的活动之一。
WOMAN: Sounds great.
女士:听起来很赞。
WOMAN: And what's happening on the other days?
女士:其余那些天有什么节目呢?
MAN: There are several events that go on the whole time.
男士:节日期间有好几个活动。
For example, the students of the art college have produced a number of videos, all connected with relationships between children and their grandparents.
比如说,艺术学院的学生制作了很多视频, 都是关于祖孙关系的。
WOMAN: That sounds interesting.
女士:这听起来挺有趣的。
It makes a change from children and parents, doesn't it!
同以前探讨父母与子女关系的不一样。
MAN: Exactly. Because the art college is in use for classes, throughout the festival, the videos are being shown in Handsworth House.
男士:是的。因为艺术学院在节日期间要上课,所以视频是在 Handsworth House 放映的。
WOMAN: How do you spell the name?
女士:那个名字怎么拼?
MAN: H-A-N-D-S-W-O-R-T-H. Handsworth House. It's close to the Town Hall.
男士:拼写为H-A-N-D-S-W-O-R-T-H。Handsworth House。就在市政厅附近。
WOMAN: Right.
女士:好的。
MAN: Now let me see, what else can I tell you about?
男士:我想想看,还有别的什么能告诉您的?
WOMAN: Are there any displays of ballet dancing?
女士:有芭蕾舞表演吗?
I'm particularly interested in that as I do it as a hobby.
我对芭蕾尤其感兴趣,我自己也跳,当是爱好。
MAN: There isn't any ballet, I'm afraid, but there'll be a demonstration of traditional dances from all round the country.
男士:恐怕没有芭蕾表演,但是有全国各地的传统舞蹈的汇演。
WOMAN: Oh, that'd be nice. Where's that being held?
女士:啊,太棒了。那在哪举行呢?
MAN: It's in the market in the town centre - the outdoor one, not the covered market.
男士:在市中心的市场里——室外的那个,不是室内的。
And it's on at 2 and 5 every afternoon of the festival, apart from the first day.
除了第一天,节日期间的每天下午两点和五点开始。
WOMAN: Lovely. I'm interested in all kinds of dancing, so I'm sure I'll enjoy that!
女士:太棒了!我对所有种类的舞蹈都感兴趣,我确信我会很享受那些表演的。
MAN: Mmm. I'm sure you will.
男士:嗯,我确信你会的。
WOMAN: And I'd really like to go to some concerts, if there are any.
女士:如果有音乐会的话,我也很想去看看。
MAN: Yes, there are several.
男士:嗯,有的,有好几个。
Three performed by professionals, and one by local children.
有三个是职业乐手的表演,还有一个是本地儿童的表演。
WOMAN: And where is it being held?
女士:那在哪举行的呢?
MAN: It's in the library, which is in Park Street.
男士:在公园街的图书馆举行。
On the 18th, at 6.30 in the evening.18
号晚上6:30。
WOMAN: I presume I'll need tickets for that.
女士:我想我应该要买票。
MAN: Yes. You can book online, or you can buy them when you arrive in Kenton.
男士:是的。您可以在网上订,或者在您到Kenton的时候在节假日售票处买。
Either at the festival box office, or from any shops displaying our logo in the windows.
或是任何窗口带有我们商标的商店买都行。
WOMAN: Well. I think that'll keep me busy for the whole of my stay in Kenton.
女士:好的。我想我在Kenton的那些天都会很忙了。
Thank you so much for all your help.
非常感谢你的帮助。
MAN: You're welcome.
男士:不客气。
I hope you enjoy your stay.
希望您能享受在Kenton的时光。
WOMAN: Thank you. Goodbye.
女士:谢谢。再见。
上一题
剑12 Test 5 Section 4下一题
剑12 Test 6 Section 2