SECTION 1
JIM: Hello, South City Cycling Club.
吉姆:你好,南城骑行俱乐部。
WOMAN: Oh, hi. Er ... I want to find out about joining the club.
女士:噢,嗨。嗯……我想了解一下关于加入俱乐部的事。
JIM: Right. I can help you there.
吉姆:是的。我可以帮你。
I'm the club secretary and my name's Jim Hunter.
我是俱乐部秘书,我叫吉姆·亨特。
WOMAN: Oh, hi Jim.
女士:哦,嗨,吉姆。
JIM: So, are you interested in membership for yourself?
吉姆:那么,你有兴趣成为会员吗?
WOMAN: That's right.
女士:没错。
JIM: OK. Well there are basically two types of adult membership.
吉姆:好的。基本上有两种成人会员。
If you're pretty serious about cycling, there's the Full membership.
如果你是认真对待骑行这件事情的,我们有正式会员资格。
That costs 260 dollars and that covers you not just for ordinary cycling but also for races both here in the city and also in other parts of Australia.
那要花260美元,不仅包括普通的骑行,还包括这里的、城里的以及澳大利亚其他地方的比赛。
WOMAN: Right. Well, I'm not really up to that standard.
女士:是的。嗯,我还没有达到那个标准。
I was more interested in just joining a group to do some cycling in my free time.
我更感兴趣的是在我的空闲时间加入一个小组骑骑车。
JIM: Sure. That's why most people join.
吉姆:当然。这就是大多数人加入的原因。
So, in that case you'd be better with the Recreational membership.
所以,在这种情况下,你最好是办休闲会员。
That's 108 dollars if you're over 19, and 95 dollars if you're under.
十九岁以上是108美元,十九岁以下是95美元。
WOMAN: I'm 25.
女士:我25岁。
JIM: OK.
吉姆:好的。
It's paid quarterly, and you can upgrade it later to the Full membership if you want to, of course.
它是按季度付费的,当然,如果您愿意,您可以在以后将其升级为正式会员。
Now both types of membership include the club fee of 20 dollars.
现在两种类型的会员都包括20美元的俱乐部费。
They also provide insurance in case you have an accident, though we hope you won't need that, of course.
我们也提供保险以防意外,当然我们希望你不需要保险。
WOMAN: No. OK, well, I'll go with the Recreational membership, I think.
女士:没错。好吧,我想我还是选休闲会员吧。
And that allows me to join in the club activities, and so on?
然后这样我就可以参加俱乐部的活动等等,对吧?
JIM: That's right.
吉姆:没错。
And once you're a member of the club, you're also permitted to wear our kit when you're out cycling.
一旦你成为俱乐部的一员,你也可以在骑自行车的时候穿我们的装备。
It's green and white.
它是绿色和白色的。
WOMAN: Yes, I've seen cyclists wearing it.
女士:是的,我看过骑行者们戴着它。
So, can I buy that at the club?
所以我可以在俱乐部买到吗?
JIM: No, it's made to order by a company in Brisbane.
吉姆:不,是布里斯班的一家公司定做的。
You can find them online: they're called Jerriz.
你可以在网上找到他们:他们公司叫杰里兹。
That's J-E-R-R-l-Z.
拼写作J-E-R-R-l-Z。
You can use your membership number to put in an order on their website.
你可以用你的会员号在他们的网站上下单。
WOMAN: OK. Now, can you tell me a bit about the rides I can do?
女士:好的。现在你能告诉我一些关于我可以参加的一些骑行路线吗?
JIM: Sure. So we have training rides pretty well every morning, and they're a really good way of improving your cycling skills as well as your general level of fitness, but they're different levels.
吉姆:当然。我们每天早上都有训练式的骑行活动,这是一种很好的方式来提高你的骑行技能以及你的整体健身水平,但它们有不同的水平。
Level A is pretty fast - you're looking at about 30 or 35 kilometres an hour.
档位A相当快——你的速度大约是每小时30或35公里。
If you can do about 25 kilometres an hour, you'd probably be level B, and then level C are the novices, who stay at about 15 kilometres per hour.
如果你能达到每小时25公里的速度,你很可能在B级水平, 然后C级是新手,他们的速度保持在每小时15公里左右。
WOMAN: Right. Well I reckon I'd be level B.
女士:是的。我想我能达到B级。
So, when are the sessions for that level?
那么,这一级骑行的时段都是什么时候?
JIM: There are a couple each week.
吉姆:每周有几个时段。
They're both early morning sessions.
都是早上很早的时候。
There's one on Tuesdays, and for that one you meet at 5.30 am, and the meeting point's the stadium - do you know where that is?
星期二有一个时段,你们早上五点半见,集合地点在体育场,你知道在哪里吗?
WOMAN: Yes, it's quite near my home, in fact.
女士:是的,事实上那儿离我家很近。
OK, and how about the other one?
好,那另一个呢?
JIM: That's on Thursdays.
吉姆:另外一个是星期四。
It starts at the same time, but they meet at the main gate to the park.
它在同一时间开始,但是他们在公园的大门相遇。
WOMAN: Is that the one just past the shopping mall?
女士:是那条刚好经过购物中心的线路吗?
JIM: That's it.
吉姆:就是这样。
WOMAN: So how long are the rides?
女士:所以这些行程要多久呢?
JIM: They're about an hour and a half.
吉姆:大约一个半小时。
So, if you have a job it's easy to fit in before you go to work.
所以,如果你有工作,那么在你工作前你可以进行这个骑行,很容易安排时间。
And the members often go somewhere for coffee afterwards, so it's quite a social event.
而且会员们经常会在骑行后去某些地方喝咖啡,所以这是一项社交活动。
WOMAN: OK. That sounds good.
女士:好的。听起来不错。
I've only just moved to the city so I don't actually know many people yet.
我刚搬到这个城市,所以还不认识很多人。
JIM: Well, it's a great way to meet people.
吉姆:嗯,这是认识人的好方法。
WOMAN: And does each ride have a leader?
女士:每趟骑行都有领队吗?
JIM: Sometimes, but not always.
吉姆:有时有,但不总是。
But you don't really need one; the group members on the ride support one another, anyway.
但你真的不需要领队;不管怎么说,行程中的小组成员会相互支持的。
WOMAN: How would we know where to go?
女士:我们怎么知道要往哪里骑?
JIM: If you check the club website, you'll see that the route for each ride is clearly marked.
吉姆:如果你查一下俱乐部的网站,你会发现每次骑行的路线都被清楚地标记着。
So you can just print that out and take it along with you.
你可以把它打印出来随身携带。
It's similar from one week to another, but it's not always exactly the same.
每个星期都差不多,但并不总是完全一样。
WOMAN: And what do I need to bring?
女士:我还需要带什么?
JIM: Well, bring a bottle of water, and your phone.
吉姆:嗯,带上一瓶水和你的手机。
You shouldn't use it while you're cycling, but have it with you.
你不能在骑车的时候用它,但要随身携带。
WOMAN: Right.
女士:好的。
JIM: And in winter, it's well before sunrise when we set out, so you need to make sure your bike's got lights.
吉姆:而且在冬天,我们出发的时候太阳还没升起,所以你得确保你的自行车有灯。
WOMAN: That's OK. Well, thanks Jim.
女士:没关系。好,谢谢吉姆。
I'd definitely like to join.
我当然愿意加入。
So what's the best way of going about it?
那么最好的方法是什么呢?
JIM: You can ...
吉姆:你可以……
上一题
剑13 Test 1 Section 4下一题
剑13 Test 2 Section 2