A
the references to local problems
B
the broad focus of the examples
C
the practical suggestions for solutions
D
the type of issues discussed
E
the implications for government policy
A
the team's previous successes
B
its wide geographical scale
C
the use of new technology
D
the extensive statistical evidence
E
the large range of specialists involved
PART 3
You will hear two marine biology students discussing a lecture on marine biodiversity and
你将听到下面这段录音。
First, you have some time to look at questions 21-24.
首先,你有一些时间查看第21至24题。
Now listen carefully and answer questions 21 to 24.
现在请仔细听录音并回答第21至24题。
PHIL: That lecture from the visiting speaker yesterday was good, wasn't it?
菲尔:昨天访问演讲者的那堂讲座很好,不是吗?
LUCY: Yeah. I learned a lot from her about ocean biodiversity.
露西:嗯。我从她那里学到了很多关于海洋生物多样性的知识。
I've already done some reading on it, and I did an assignment on some of the problems associated with it last year, but I especially liked the way her lecture focused on more long-term issues.
我已经读了一些关于它的内容,去年我还做了一个关于它的一些问题的作业,但我特别喜欢她讲座的重点是长期的问题。
PHIL: Yes, things that aren't currently receiving widespread attention but are likely to be important in the future.
菲尔:是的,目前还不太受到广泛关注,但将来可能会变得很重要。
That impressed me too. It wasn't exactly a feel-good conclusion because it's hard to see any real solution for a lot of the problems.
我也觉得很有启发性。虽然这不是一个让人感觉很好的结论,因为很难看到很多问题有真正的解决方案。
LUCY: No, though she did point to where policy changes could be made to protect our marine and coastal environments.
露西:不过,她确实指出了政策改变可以采取的方向来保护我们的海洋和沿海环境。
PHIL: Mm. But that's just at a national level.
菲尔:嗯。但这只是在国家层面。
The examples she gave were at a more global level, and they really made it clear to me just how wide-ranging the threats to ocean biodiversity are.
她给出的例子是在更全球的层面,这真的让我明白了海洋生物多样性面临的威胁是多么广泛。
LUCY: Yes, me too.
露西:是啊,我也这么觉得。
PHIL: The research project she described was impressive, wasn't it?
菲尔:她描述的研究项目很有气势,不是吗?
I'd have thought it was quite unusual to have so many experts working together.
我以为有这么多专家一起工作是相当不寻常的。
LUCY: Yeah, and from such different backgrounds.
露西:是的,而且来自不同的背景。
Must have been a really exciting team to work with.
一定是一个非常令人兴奋的团队来合作。
I'd heard of a couple of them before – they were involved in research way back in 2009 warning about the dangers of ocean pollution.
我之前听说过其中的几个,他们在2009年就参与了关于海洋污染危险的研究。
PHIL: But now people are much more aware of that, aren't they?
菲尔:但是现在人们对此更加了解,是吧?
LUCY: I suppose so.
露西:我想是吧。
PHIL: Another thing about the research is that the team members came from all round the world.
菲尔:关于这项研究的另一件事是团队成员来自世界各地。
Though I suppose that's not unusual nowadays, now everyone can work remotely.
不过我想这在现在并不罕见了,因为现在每个人都可以远程工作。
LUCY: Right. I liked the way she didn't bombard us with figures – I mean, they were available, but she focused more on the general points they indicated.
露西:对。我喜欢她没有向我们轰炸数据的方式——意思是数据是有的,但她更关注的是那些要点。
PHIL: Mm. And the description of improvements in systems used for tracking marine animals and things like robots were really interesting.
菲尔:嗯。关于追踪海洋动物和机器人等系统的改进描述真的很有趣。
LUCY: Yes, and her description of how robotics can be used to investigate threats to biodiversity.
露西:是的,她关于如何使用机器人来调查生物多样性威胁的描述也很有趣。
PHIL: Absolutely. Before you hear the rest of the discussion, you have some time to look at questions 25-30.
菲尔:绝对没错。在你听剩余内容之前,你有一些时间查看第25至30题。
Now listen and answer questions 25 to 30.
现在请听录音并回答第25至30题。
PHIL: While you're here, can we talk about the list of resources we have to evaluate for the seminar tomorrow.
菲尔:你在这儿,我们能谈谈明天研讨会要评估的资源清单吗?
I've had a look at them all, but it's been a bit of a rush.
我看了所有这些,但有点匆忙。
LUCY: Yeah. What did you think of that article on invasive lionfish?
露西:嗯。你对那篇关于入侵性狮子鱼的文章怎么看?
The one claiming they were expanding their habitat throughout the Mediterranean Sea.
那篇声称它们在整个地中海的栖息地都在扩张的文章。
PHIL: Well, the writer went on about how dangerous they were in environmental terms, which is probably true, but he didn't really provide much information to explain why.
菲尔:作者继续说它们在环境方面很危险,这可能是真的,但他没有提供很多信息来解释为什么。
LUCY: I know what you mean.
露西:我知道你的意思。
PHIL: I watched the documentary on microplastics, at least I started to, but then I found it was made ten years ago so I gave up.
菲尔:我看了一个关于微塑料的纪录片,至少我开始看了,但后来我发现它制作于十年前,所以我放弃了。
LUCY: I watched to the end but you're right, it was showing its age.
露西:我看了最后,你说得对,它已经过时了。
People had hardly heard of microplastics then, whereas now everyone knows about them and how dangerous they are.
那时人们几乎没听说过微塑料,而如今每个人都知道它们以及它们有多危险。
PHIL: Yeah. Did you listen to the podcast on ocean pollution?
菲尔:嗯。你听过关于海洋污染的播客吗?
LUCY: Mm. I didn't get anything out of it though. Most of it was stating the obvious.
露西:嗯。不过我没有从中得到什么有用的东西。大部分内容都在重复显而易见的事情。
PHIL: Yes, it mentioned pesticides and plastic and things, and it clearly made the point that they were a bad thing, but everybody knows that anyway.
菲尔:是的,它提到了农药和塑料,以及它们都是坏事,但大家都知道这一点。
Did you read that book on coastal ecosystems?
你读过那本关于沿海生态系统的小说吗?
LUCY: The one by John Harper?
露西:约翰·哈珀写的那本?
Yes, I found it hard going at first, it went into a lot of detail about things like the effects of offshore windfarms and fish farms, but actually I ended up with a much better understanding of the issues.
是的,我一开始觉得很难理解,因为它详细介绍了海上风力发电场和鱼塘的影响,但最终我反而对这些问题有了更好的理解。
PHIL: Yes, I agree and I thought it was a well-written summary of those.
菲尔:是的,我同意,我觉得那是一篇很好的总结那些内容的文章。
And the diagrams helped a lot too.
而且那些图表也很有帮助。
LUCY: The article on metal toxicity was way above my head, I didn't know anything about how metals from industrial emissions react in the ocean... and I still don't understand it.
露西:那篇关于金属毒性文章对我来说太高深了,我对工业排放中金属在海洋中的反应一无所知……我现在还是不明白。
PHIL: I gave up reading after the first chapter – I just couldn't follow it.
菲尔:我读到第一章就放弃了,我实在跟不上。
LUCY: That podcast on floating marine cities was interesting, though it presented a rather one-sided picture, I thought.
露西:那篇关于漂浮海洋城市播客很有趣,虽然它呈现了一个比较片面的观点,我觉得。
PHIL: Yes, it focused on how this would benefit people and ignored the effects on the environment.
菲尔:是的,它关注的是这对人们的好处,忽略了对环境的影响。
LUCY: But anyway, shall we...
露西:不过,我们还是继续吧……
That is the end of part three.
本部分到此结束。
You now have 30 seconds to check your answers to part 3.
现在你有一些时间时间检查第三部分的答案。
上一题
剑21 Test 1 Part 2下一题
剑21 Test 1 Part 4