首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > undefined Part 3
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21-30
Complete the notes below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.

Study Skills Tutorial – Caroline Benning
Dissertation topic: the 21  
Strengths:     · 22  
· computer modelling
Weaknesses:  · lack of background information
  · poor 23    skills

Possible strategy Benefits Problems
peer group discussion increases 24   dissertations tend to contain the same 25  
use the 26   service provides structured programme limited 27  
consult study skills books are a good source of reference can be too 28  

Recommendations:  · use a card index
 · read all notes 29  
Next tutorial date:  30    January

PART 3

TUTOR: Ah Caroline ... come on in. Sit down.

导师:卡洛琳……请进。请坐。

CAROULINE: Thanks.

卡洛琳:谢谢。

TUTOR: So how's the dissertation planning going?

导师:那么你的论文计划如何了?

CAROULINE: Well Dr Schulmann, I'm still having a lot of trouble deciding on a title.

卡洛琳:舒尔曼博士,我仍然在决定题目上有很多麻烦。

TUTOR: Well, that's perfectly normal at this stage.

导师:嗯,在这个阶段这实在太正常了。

And this is what your tutorials will help you to do.

这也是你的导师会帮助你的事情。

CAROULINE: Right.

卡洛琳:好的。

TUTOR: What we'll do is jot down some points that might help you in your decision.

导师:我们要做的是写下一些可能会帮助你做决定的点。

First of all, you have chosen your general topic area, haven't you?

首先,你已经决定你的大话题方向了,对吧?

CAROULINE: Yes, it's the fishing industry.

卡洛琳:是的,是渔业。

TUTOR: Oh yes, that was one of the areas you mentioned.

导师:哦,是的,那是你提过的一个方向。

Now, what aspects of the course are you good at?

现在,课程中你擅长哪些方面?

CAROULINE: Well, I think I'm coping well with statistics, and I'm never bored by it.

卡洛琳:嗯,我觉得我统计学还应付的不错,而且我对它从不厌倦。

TUTOR: Good, Anything else?

导师:好的,其它的呢?

CAROULINE: Well, I found computer modelling fascinating - I have no problem following what's being taught, whereas quite a few of my classmates find it difficult.

卡洛琳:嗯,我觉得计算机建模也特棒,我对现在教的完全能跟上,但我的很多同学觉得这个很难。

TUTOR: Well, that's very good.

导师:好的,这很好。

Do you think these might be areas you could bring into your dissertation?

你认为这些能否是你能带入到你的论文里的方向呢?

CAROULINE: Oh yes, if possible.

卡洛琳:哦,是的,如果可能的话。

It's just that I'm having difficulty thinking how I can do that.

只是考虑到我该怎么做有点困难。

You see I feel I don't have sufficient background information.

你看,我觉得我没有足够的背景资料。

TUTOR: I see. Well, do you take notes?

导师:我了解了。那你记笔记吗?

CAROULINE: I'm very weak at note-taking.

卡洛琳:我记笔记挺差的。

My teachers always used to say that.

我老师以前常说。

TUTOR: Well, I think you really need to work on these weaknesses before you go any further.

导师:嗯,我认为你真的需要在继续之前,在这些弱点上努力。

CAROULINE: What do you suggest?

卡洛琳:你建议如何呢?

TUTOR: Well, I can go through the possible strategies with you and let you decide where to go from there.

导师:嗯,我可以带着你把可能的方法过一遍,并让你决定你要怎么着。

CAROULINE: Okay, thanks.

卡洛琳:好的,谢谢。

TUTOR: Well, some people find it helpful to organise peer-group discussions - you know, each week a different person studies a different topic and shares it with the group.

导师:嗯,有人觉得组织同伴小组讨论特别有用,你懂的,每周不同的人学习不同的内容,并在组内分享。

CAROULINE: Oh right.

卡洛琳:哦,好的 。

TUTOR: It really helps build confidence, you know, having to present something to others.

导师:这尤其帮助建立信心。你知道,需要向其他人展示。

CAROULINE: I can see that.

卡洛琳:这个我看出来了。

TUTOR: The drawback is that everyone in the group seems to share the same ideas ... they keep being repeated in all the dissertations.

导师:缺点是组内每一个人好像都分享同样的观点……这些观点在所有论文中都被反复提及。

CAROULINE: Okay.

卡洛琳:好的。

TUTOR: You could also try a service called 'Student Support'.

导师:你也可以尝试一种服务叫做“学生支持”。

It's designed to give you a structured programme over a number of weeks to develop your skills.

它的目的是在几周内给你一个结构化的程序去发展你的技能。

CAROULINE: Sounds good.

卡洛琳:听起来不错。

TUTOR: Yes, unfortunately there are only a few places.

导师:是的,不幸的是位置有限。

But it's worth looking into.

但值得去看看。

CAROULINE: Yes, of course. I know I've got to work on my study skills.

卡洛琳:是的,当然。我知道我需要在学习技能上多努力。

TUTOR: And then there are several study skills books you can consult.

导师:然后还有一些你可以参考的学习技能书籍。

CAROULINE: Right.

卡洛琳:好的。

TUTOR: They'll be a good source of reference but the problem is they are sometimes too general.

导师:它们会是很好的参考来源,但问题是它们通常过于笼统。

CAROULINE: Yes, that's what I've found.

卡洛琳:是的,这是我发现了的。

TUTOR: Other than that I would strongly advise quite simple ideas like using a card index.

导师:除此之外我还强烈推荐一些非常简单的思路,比如卡片索引。

CAROULINE: Well, yes, I've never done that before.

卡洛琳:嗯,是的,我以前没做过这个。

TUTOR: It's simple, but it really works because you have to get points down in a small space.

导师:这挺简单,但是非常有用,因为你需要在你很小的地方把要点写下来。

Another thing I always advise is don't just take your notes and forget about them.

还有一个我常常建议的事是不要只是记下你的点,但又忘记了。

Read everything three times - that'll really fix them in your mind.

每件事情读三遍–这会让你牢牢记住它们。

CAROULINE: Yes, I can see it'd take discipline but ...

卡洛琳:是的,我明白这个方法需要训练,但……

TUTOR: Well, if you establish good study skills at this stage they'll be with you all your life.

导师:嗯,如果你可以在这个阶段建立良好的学习习惯,你将终身受用。

CAROULINE: Oh yes, I completely agree.

卡洛琳:是的,我完全同意。

It's just that I don't seem to be able to discipline myself.

只是我觉得我无法自我约束。

I need to talk things over.

我需要讨论事情。

TUTOR: Well, we'll be continuing these tutorials of course.

导师:是的,我们当然会继续辅导课。

Let's arrange next month's now.

我们现在就约定下月的。

Let's see, I can see you virtually any time during the week starting 22nd January.

我看看,我可以在1月22日开始的那周任何时间和你见面。

CAROULINE: What about the 24th? I'm free in the afternoon.

卡洛琳:24号如何?我下午没事。

TUTOR: Sorry, I'm booked then. What about the following day?

导师:抱歉,我有约了。接下来的那天呢?

CAROULINE: Thursday? I can make the morning.

卡洛琳:周四?我早上可以。

TUTOR: Fine, we'll go for the 25th then.

导师:好的,那我们就定25号吧。

CAROULINE: That's great, thanks.

卡洛琳:太棒了。谢谢!

下一题

undefined undefined