首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > undefined Part 3
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21 and 22
Choose TWO letters, A-E.


Which TWO things do the students agree they need to include in their reviews of Romeo and Juliet?

A

analysis of the text

B

a summary of the plot

C

a description of the theatre

D

a personal reaction

E

a reference to particular scenes

Questions 28-30
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.


28 The students think the story of Romeo and Juliet is still relevant for young people today because

A

it illustrates how easily conflict can start.

B

it deals with problems that families experience.

C

it teaches them about relationships.

29 The students found watching Romeo and Juliet in another language

A

frustrating.

B

demanding.

C

moving.

30 Why do the students think Shakespeare's plays have such international appeal?

A

The stories are exciting.

B

There are recognisable characters.

C

They can be interpreted in many ways.

PART 3

ED: Did you make notes while you were watching the performances of Romeo and Juliet, Gemma?

艾德:杰玛,你在看《罗密欧与朱丽叶》的时候做笔记了吗?

GEMMA: Yes, I did. I found it quite hard though.

杰玛:是的。不过我觉得边看边记很难。

I kept getting too involved in the play.

我看表演的时候太投入了。

ED: Me too. I ended up not taking notes.

艾德:我也是。最后我没有做笔记。

I wrote down my impressions when I got home.

我回家后写下了我的感想。

Do you mind if I check a few things with you?

你介意我和你核对一些细节吗?

In case I've missed anything.

以防万一我落下了什么。

And I've also got some questions about our assignment.

另外,关于我们的任务我还有一些问题。

GEMMA: No, it's good to talk things through.

杰玛:没问题,最好把细节聊清楚。

I may have missed things too.

我可能也落下了一些内容。

ED: OK great. So first of all, I'm not sure how much information we should include in our reviews.

艾德:好的,那太好了。首先我不确定我们应该在评论中包含多少信息。

GEMMA: Right. Well, I don't think we need to describe what happens.

杰玛:嗯。我认为我们不需要描述发生了什么。

Especially as Romeo and Juliet is one of Shakespeare's most well-known plays.

尤其是关于《罗密欧与朱丽叶》,因为这是莎士比亚最著名的戏剧之一。

ED: Yeah, everyone knows the story.

艾德:是的,每个人都知道这个故事。

In an essay we'd focus on the poetry and Shakespeare's use of imagery etc., but that isn't really relevant in a review.

在论文中我们会重点讨论诗歌和莎士比亚对意象的使用等内容,但在评论中这些内容真的不太相关。

We're supposed to focus on how effective this particular production is.

我们应该关注这部特殊作品的效果和影响。

GEMMA: Mmm. We should say what made it a success or a failure.

杰玛:嗯。我们应该讨论影响它成功或失败的因素。

ED: And part of that means talking about the emotional impact the performance had on us.

艾德:这也就意味着要谈论表演对我们情感上的影响。

I think that's important.

我认为这很重要。

GEMMA: Yes. And we should definitely mention how well the director handled important bits of the play – like when Romeo climbs onto Juliet's balcony.

杰玛:是的。我们当然应该提到导演对剧中重要情节的处理有多好,比如罗密欧爬上朱丽叶的阳台那一场。

ED: And the fight between Mercutio and Tybalt.

艾德:还有马库西奥和提伯特之间的战斗。

GEMMA: Yes. It would also be interesting to mention the theatre space and how the director used it but I don't think we'll have space in 800 words.

杰玛:是的。讨论剧院空间以及导演对空间的利用应该也很有趣,但我认为我们800字的评论写不下这些内容。

ED: No. OK. That all sounds quite straightforward.

艾德:确实不够。好吧。刚才的讨论结果听起来非常明了。

ED: So what about The Emporium Theatre's production of the play?

艾德:那商场剧院的戏剧制作呢?

GEMMA: I thought some things worked really well but there were some problems too.

杰玛:我觉得有些事情做得很好,但也有一些问题。

ED: Yeah. What about the set, for example?

艾德:是的。比如说布景呢?

GEMMA: I think it was visually really stunning.

杰玛:我觉得它在视觉上真的很棒。

I'd say that was probably the most memorable thing about this production.

我认为这可能是这部作品中最令人难忘的一部分。

ED: You're right. The set design was really amazing, but actually I have seen similar ideas used in other productions.

艾德:你说得对。布景设计真的很棒,但实际上我在其他作品中也看到过类似的设计。

GEMMA: What about the lighting?

杰玛:灯光呢?

Some of the scenes were so dimly lit it was quite hard to see.

有些场景光线很暗,看起来十分费劲。

ED: I didn't dislike it.

艾德:我并不讨厌它。

It helped to change the mood of the quieter scenes.

这有助于改变安静场景的气氛。

GEMMA: That's a good point.

杰玛:这是一个很好的观点。

ED: What did you think of the costumes?

艾德:你觉得服装怎么样?

GEMMA: I was a bit surprised by the contemporary dress, I must say.

杰玛:我必须说,我对这其中的当代服装有点惊讶。

ED: Yeah – I think it worked well, but I had assumed it would be more conventional.

艾德:是的,我觉得效果不错,但我以为会更传统一些。

GEMMA: Me too. I liked the music at the beginning and I thought the musicians were brilliant, but I thought they were wasted because the music didn't have much impact in Acts 2 and 3.

杰玛:我也是。我喜欢开始时的音乐,我认为音乐家们很出色,但我认为他们没有被好好利用,因为音乐在第二幕和第三幕中没有发挥太大作用。

ED: Yes – that was a shame.

艾德:是的,那太可惜了。

GEMMA: One problem with this production was that the actors didn't deliver the lines that well.

杰玛:这部作品的一个问题是演员们台词说得没那么好。

They were speaking too fast.

他们说得太快了。

ED: It was a problem I agree, but I thought it was because they weren't speaking loudly enough – especially at key points in the play.

艾德:我同意这个问题。但我认为这是因为他们说话声音不够大,尤其是在关键场景中。

GEMMA: I actually didn't have a problem with that.

杰玛:事实上我当时没觉得这有什么不妥。

ED: It's been an interesting experience watching different versions of Romeo and Juliet, hasn't it?

埃德:观看不同版本的《罗密欧与朱丽叶》是一次有趣的经历,不是吗?

GEMMA: Definitely. It's made me realise how relevant the play still is.

杰玛:当然。这让我意识到这出戏有多重要。

ED: Right. I mean a lot's changed since Shakespeare's time, but in many ways nothing's changed.

艾德:对。我的意思是,自莎士比亚时代以来,事情发生了很多变化,但在很多方面却都没有改变。

There are always disagreements and tension between teenagers and their parents.

青少年和父母之间总是有分歧和紧张。

GEMMA: Yes, that's something all young people can relate to – more than the violence and the extreme emotions in the play.

杰玛:是的,这是所有年轻人都能感受到的,比起戏剧中所传达的暴力和极端情绪,他们的感受还要更多。

ED: How did you find watching it in translation?

艾德:你觉得看翻译版怎么样?

GEMMA: Really interesting. I expected to find it more challenging, but I could follow the story pretty well.

杰玛:很有趣。我本以为这会更具挑战性,但我可以很好地理解这个故事。

ED: I stopped worrying about not being able to understand all the words and focused on the actors' expressions.

艾德:我不再担心听不懂所有的单词,而是专注于演员的表情。

The ending was pretty powerful.

结局非常震撼。

GEMMA: Yes. That somehow intensified the emotion for me.

杰玛:是的。这不知怎么地加剧了我的情绪。

ED: Did you know Shakespeare's been translated into more languages than any other writer?

埃德:你知道莎士比亚的作品被翻译成的语言比其他任何作家都多吗?

GEMMA: What's the reason for his international appeal, do you think?

杰玛:你觉得他在国际上有吸引力的原因是什么?

ED: I was reading that it's because his plays are about basic themes that people everywhere are familiar with.

艾德:我读到这是因为他的剧本都是关于世界各地人们都熟悉的基本主题。

GEMMA: Yeah, and they can also be understood on different levels.

杰玛:是的,人们可以在不同的层面对其作品进行理解。

The characters have such depth.

这些角色有如此深刻的内涵。

ED: Right – which allows directors to experiment and find new angles.

埃德:对。这可以让导演们大胆尝试,找到新的角度。

GEMMA: That's really important because …

杰玛:这真的很重要,因为……

下一题

undefined undefined