首页 > 雅思练习 > 雅思听力真题 > 剑20 Test2 Part 3 Q21-25
详解
原文
00:00
Questions 21-25
What is Rosie and Colin's opinion about each of the following aspects of human geography? 
Choose FIVE answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-G, next to Questions 21-25.

Opinions
A The information given about this was too vague.
B This may not be relevant to their course.
C This will involve only a small number of statistics.
D It will be easy to find facts about this.
E The facts about this may not be reliable.
F No useful research has been done on this.
G The information provided about this was interesting.

Aspects of human geography
21 Population  
22 Health  
23 Economies  
24 Culture  
25 Poverty  

ROSIE: COLIN, I'm really struggling to think of a topic for our human geography assignment.

罗茜:科林,我真的很难为我们的人类地理作业想出一个主题。

COLIN: Me too, Rosie. I'll tell you what, let's think about the different aspects of human geography, and see if we can narrow the topic down a bit to help us decide.

科林:我也是,罗茜。这样吧,让我们考虑一下人类地理学的不同方面,看看我们能不能把主题缩小一些,帮助我们做出决定。

ROSIE: OK. So one aspect is population.

罗茜:好的,那么其中一个方面是人口。

That would be all about population density and migration and so on.

那就全是关于人口密度和迁移等等的问题了。

Lots of facts and statistics … Maybe a bit boring?

很多事实和统计数据...... 也许有点无聊?

COLIN: Yeah, but quite straightforward to find on the internet.

科林:是啊,不过在网上查起来很简单。

ROSIE: Suppose so. How about health?

罗茜:好吧,那么健康呢?

I'd never thought about the links between that and geography until Professor Lee gave us that lecture on cholera.

我从未想过这与地理之间的联系,直到李教授给我们上了那堂关于霍乱的课。

How in the nineteenth century a physician used street plans and plans of water supplies to find the source of a cholera epidemic.

在 19 世纪,一位医生如何利用街道规划和供水规划来寻找霍乱疫情的源头。

COLIN: Yes – fascinating, wasn't it? Or we could do something more general – like economies.

科林:是的 —— 很有趣,不是吗?或者我们可以做一些更普遍的事情 —— 比如经济学。

ROSIE: So how financial and commercial factors are linked to the physical environment?

罗茜:那么,经济和商业因素是如何与物理环境联系在一起的呢?

COLIN: Yeah.

科林:是的。

ROSIE: I thought that had been taken off the syllabus for this year.

罗西:我以为今年的课程大纲里已经把这一条删掉了。

COLIN: Has it?

科林:是吗?

ROSIE: I'm not sure. But it might be best to avoid it.

罗茜:我不确定。不过最好还是避开它。

COLIN: OK. Maybe we could do something on culture.

科林:好吧,也许我们可以在文化方面做点什么。

We had that lecture about culture and geography last week.

上周我们上了一堂关于文化和地理的课。

ROSIE: I didn't get much out of that.

罗茜:我没从中学到什么。

It was all so general and the lecturer didn't give any useful examples.

这一切都太笼统了,讲师也没有给出任何有用的例子。

COLIN: Yeah, I hardly took any notes, it didn't seem worth it.

科林:是啊,我几乎没做什么笔记,因为似乎不值得。

ROSIE: Me neither.

罗茜:我也是。

COLIN: We could focus on poverty.

科林:我们可以关注贫困问题。

That's something that's a global problem …

这是一个全球性的问题......

ROSIE: The trouble is, Dr Lee was saying, that you have to be careful with some of the figures relating to poverty – they're sometimes deliberately manipulated.

罗西:问题在于,李博士正在说,你必须小心处理一些与贫困相关的数据 —— 它们有时会被故意操纵。

COLIN: You mean the information gets changed for political reasons?

科林:你是说这些信息是出于政治原因而被篡改的?

ROSIE: That sort of thing, yes.

罗西:是的,差不多就是这样。

下一题

剑20 undefined