英语大破解
How to keep your heart healthy 如何保持心脏健康

本集内容
How to keep your heart healthy
如何保持心脏健康
文字稿
Your heart pumps blood, delivering oxygen and essential nutrients around your body.
你的心脏通过泵血,将氧气和必要的营养物质输送到全身各处。
A healthy heart is vital for this process.
一个健康的心脏对于这个过程至关重要。
(Source: World Health Organisation)
Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the most common cause of death worldwide, and four out of five of those deaths are due to heart attacks and strokes.
(来源:世界卫生组织)
心血管疾病(CVDs)是全世界最常见的死亡原因。有五分之四的心血管疾病死亡是由心脏病发作和中风引起的。
So, what causes a heart attack?
那么,心脏病发作的原因是什么?
A heart attack happens when blood supply to the heart is suddenly blocked, usually by a build-up of fatty deposits, like cholesterol.
心脏病发作是由于流向心脏的血液供应突然受阻,这通常是由脂肪在血管中堆积引起的,比如胆固醇。
The most common symptom of a heart attack is severe chest pain.
心脏病发作最常见的症状是剧烈的胸痛。
Without treatment, the heart muscles can damage and cause the heart to stop beating, resulting in death.
如果不及时治疗,心肌可能会受到损伤,从而导致心脏停止跳动,最终危及生命。
What can we do to keep our hearts healthy?
我们能做些什么来保持心脏健康呢?
Dr Evan Levine, Cardiologist
We can reduce any damage to the heart early in life with a good diet, exercise and avoiding tobacco products.
埃文·莱文医生 心脏病专家
我们可以在年轻时通过一些方法来减少对心脏的损害,比如良好的饮食、运动和不使用烟草制品。
Lowering your risk of a heart attack can be done by lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
降低心脏病发作的风险可以通过控制血压和降低胆固醇水平来实现。
A low-fat, high-fibre diet is recommended.
专家提倡低脂肪、高纤维的饮食习惯。
So, avoid too much ultra processed food like meat pies, biscuits and sausages.
因此,要避免食用过多的超加工食品,比如肉馅饼、饼干和香肠。
But, combining a healthy diet with regular exercise is the best way to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
不过,将健康饮食与规律运动相结合才是保持健康生活方式的最佳方法。
Dr Evan Levine, Cardiologist
I recommend exercising 30 minutes a day, five times a week.
埃文·莱文医生 心脏病专家
我建议每天锻炼 30 分钟,一周锻炼五次。
We all need to move more, not necessarily go to the gym but do some exercise.
我们都需要多运动,不一定要去健身房,但是要做一些运动。
重点词汇及表达
cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) 心血管疾病
fatty deposits 脂肪沉积
ultra-processed food 超加工食品
high-fibre diet 高纤维饮食
blood supply 血液供应