2019年英语专八真题听力Mini-lectur原文
2020.04.02 11:10

      新东方在线英语专八频道为大家整理了2019年英语专八真题听力Mini-lectur原文,Mini-lectur共有三段,提供给大家做参考。

      2019年英语专八真题听力Mini-lectur原文(一)

  Body Language and Mind

  肢体语言和意识

  Good morning, everyone.

  大家早上好。

  In today's lecture, I'd like to focus on how our bodylanguage reveals who we are.

  在今天的课上,我主要来讲讲我们的肢体语言如何揭示出我们是什么样的人。

  We're really fascinated with body language, andparticularly interested in other people's bodylanguage.

  我们对肢体语言十分感兴趣,尤其是其他人的肢体语言。

  You know, we're sometimes interested in an awkward interaction, or a smile, or acontemptuous glance, or maybe a very awkward wink, or handshake.

  你们知道的,我们有时会对一次尴尬的交流、微笑、轻蔑一瞥感兴趣,也有可能对尴尬的眨眼或握手感兴趣。

  So what kind of body language am I talking about?

  那么,你们知道我说的是哪种肢体语言吗?

  I am interested in power dynamics -- that is the nonverbal expressions of power anddominance.

  我对动力学感兴趣——这是权力和支配地位的非语言表达。

  And what are nonverbal expressions of power and dominance?

  那么,权力和支配地位的非语言表达是什么呢?

  Well, this is what they are.

  下面,我来阐述它们的含义。

  In the animal kingdom, nonverbal expressions of power and dominance are aboutexpanding.

  在动物王国,权力和支配地位的非语言表达是关于扩张的。

  So you make yourself big, you stretch out, you take up space and you're basically opening up.

  你让自己变大,你伸展四肢,你占据了空间,基本上你就打开了。

  And... and humans do the same thing.

  而人类也在做同样的事情。

  So they do this when they're feeling powerful in the moment.

  因此,当他们感觉强有力时,就会做这个动作。

  And this one is especially interesting because it really shows us how universal and old theseexpressions of power are.

  这个动作尤为有趣,因为它的确向我们展示出,这些关于力量的表达是多么普遍而古老。

  For example, when athletes cross the finish line and they've won, it doesn't matter if they'venever seen anyone do it. They do this.

  例如,当运动员跨过终点线,赢得比赛时,他们是否看过其他人做这个动作并不重要,而他们会做这个动作。

  So the arms are up in the V sign, the chin is slightly lifted.

  他们举起双臂比成V的手势,下巴微微抬起。

  But what do we do when we feel powerless?

  但我们无力时会最什么呢?

  We do exactly the opposite. We close up. We make ourselves small.

  我们会做正好相反的动作。我们合上了。我们让自己变小。

  We don't want to bump into the person next to us.

  我们不想碰到旁边的人。

  And this is what happens when you put together high and low power.

  这就是你力量强大和微弱时会发生的事情。

  So what we tend to do when it comes to power is that we complement the other's nonverbals.

  那么,我们在强大时倾向于补充其他人的非语言行为。

  What I mean is if someone is being really powerful with us, we tend to make ourselves smaller.

  我的意思是,如果某人和我们在一起时十分强大而有力,我们倾向于让自己变小。

  We don't mirror them. We do the opposite.

  我们不模仿他们。我们做的动作恰恰相反。

  I'm watching this behavior in the classroom, and guess what I have noticed.

  我在教室里观察这个动作,猜猜我注意到了什么。

  I notice that MBA students really exhibit the full range of power nonverbals.

  我注意到工商管理硕士学生们真的会全方位展示出力量肢体语言。

  They get right into the middle of the room before class even starts, like they really want tooccupy space.

  他们甚至在上课前就径直走到教室中央,好像真的想占据空间一样。

  When they sit down, they're sort of spread out. They raise their hands high.

  当他们坐下时,他们伸展开来。他们高举双手。

  You have other people who are virtually collapsing when they come in.

  你可以看到其他人进来时真的会崩溃。

  As soon as they, I mean other people, come in, you see it.

  他们,我是指其他人,进来时,你就会看到。

  You see it on their faces and their bodies, and they sit with their chairs and they makethemselves tiny,

  你会看到他们的脸上和身体都会出现崩溃的迹象,他们坐在椅子上,让自己变小,

  and they will not fully stretch their arms when they raise their hands.

  他们举手时也不会完全伸展开双臂。


MORE+

    资料下载
    MORE+
    MORE+

    相关阅读 MORE+

    版权及免责声明
    1.凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属北京新东方迅程网络科技股份有限公司所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式复制发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方在线",违者本网将依法追究责任。
    2.本网末注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载出于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方在线”,本网将依法追究责任。
    3.如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者致信weisen@xdfzx.com,我们将及时外理

    Copyright © 2011-202

    All Rights Reserved