I love choices.
我爱选择。
I love to walk around in bookstores-not because I can buy all the books,
我喜欢在书店里徜徉,不是因为我能买下所有的书,
but because I could buy one book, and I have so many to choose from.
而是因为我可以买一本书,我有这么多的选择。
I like buffets.
我还喜欢自助餐。
I rarely get to go to them, but when I do,
虽然我很少去,但是当我去的时候,
the first thing I do is walk around and see what the choice are.
我做的第一件事就是四处逛逛,看看有什么选择。
I also like the internet.
我还喜欢互联网。
It seems like cyberspace really doesn't have any limits.
看来网络真的没有任何限制。
There are so many things to discover--- like space.
有这么多的东西等待发——比如空间。
Sometimes, I think we don't appreciate the freedom that we have.
有时候,我觉得我们不喜欢我们拥有的自由。
We are free to make many different choice.
我们可以自由地做出许多不同的选择。
From the food we eat--- to the places we visit--- to the people we meet--- to the classes we take and on and on and on.
从我们所吃的食物到我们去的地方,我们见的人,我们所上的课程等等。
But freedom has dangers. If misused, it can be harmful.
但自由也有危险。如果滥用,将会带来危害。
I could pile a mountain of food on my plate and NOT to eat it.
我可以将山一样的食物堆在我的盘子里,而我则不去吃它。
It would be a waste. But that's a choice I have.
它会是一种浪费。但这是一个选择。
The Internet has dangers, too.
互联网也有危险。
If parents are not careful and don't supervise what their kids can see--- well kids can lose some of their innocence because of freedom.
如果父母对他们的孩子所看到的不留神也不监督,那么孩子们会因为自由而失去一些他们的无辜的。
There's a reason for legal age limits when it comes to driving, gambling, drinking,somking, andvoting.
当涉及驾车、赌博、酗酒、吸烟、和投票时法律会有年龄的限制。
Until we reach that age, we aren't free to do those things.
直到我们到了那个年岁,否则我们去做那些事将不会被赋予自由。
1.凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属北京新东方迅程网络科技股份有限公司所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式复制发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方在线",违者本网将依法追究责任。
2.本网末注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载出于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方在线”,本网将依法追究责任。
3.如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者致信weisen@xdfzx.com,我们将及时外理